Need 800 rms amp

Bronze Member
Username: Calioldschool

California

Post Number: 18
I just bought 2 12" Kicker CVR's and they hit good but I need a better amp, right now the shitty amp I have now is only 250 rms... the subs run 400 rms each or so... how big of an amp do I really need and how cheap can I get it? any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2259
What ohm are the subs?
Whats your budget?

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 19
they are 2 ohm... and my budget is $200 or so.. is it possible to get that much power for that cheap?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2539
I'm guessing they are dual 2 ohm.. so I say look into a Kicker zx750.1 Awesome amp!

What is your budget though?

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 21
Correct, they are dual 2 ohm.. I hope I don't blow them running them on an amp with half the power. I like the Kicker ZX750, looks like quality to me.. i'll make some calls today to see what stores have what and how fast I can get it :-)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1063
How about a DD MB2 amp. It will give you an under rated 750 rms @ 2 ohms. Shoot me an emai, I can keep it in good price for ya :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8502
HOw much Kevin?lol

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 22
I decided i'm going to go with memphis audio:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=373

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8511
Cant do that. You need to have an amp that will do around 1000rms @ 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1067
You will have to contact me hehe. It is an amp I was going to use but went the other route :-)

Kevin

Username: Knag

Post Number: 5
I have these exact same subs and yeah they can take 800 rms but I'm pumping 400rms at 2 ohms into these and it pounds hard, of course with a better amp rated at like 750 or 800 it will pound harder but my rockford power 500-1bd amp gives these enough man.

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 23
Karn Nagar, I like that idea. Someone has a rockford fosgate 1500 they said I could use, you think that would work?

Username: Knag

Post Number: 6
Is it a t1500-1bd amp? If so yeah that supplies more than enough power thats 1000 watts at 2 ohms 1500 at 1 ohm plenty of power, the max power that these subs can take is 1600 the t1500 can pump out max 3000 at 1 ohm and 2000w at 2 ohms so it would do those subs wonders!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4783
^^^^^forget about max ratings Karn.

Bro you should buy kevin's amp.

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 24
i've never heard of kevins amp.. I would have to ask around and see if anyone has used it. looks like the rest of the crap amps that get sold on ebay. I don't want to buy some cheap amp that's going to burn out and i'm going to pay twice as much as I would have paid for a real amp.

Bronze Member

California

Post Number: 25
Is this amp shitty because it's not briggable? Someone let me use it but I have a feeling my subs aren't hitting at their full potential:

Precision Power D2000/1 PPI 2000w
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6720_Precision+Power+PPI+D2000-1.html

Will someone let me know if this amp is worth keeping or should I return it and get my money back?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 889
New PPI amps suck they are not made like the old onces. Kevin gave you a good option.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1234
spencer you picked a good amp.

dont listen to the rest of these guys, that memphis is good. you will either run your subs at .5 ohm, 2 ohm or 8 ohm and 2 ohm is most practical. you also dont need to put the exact RMS power rating to them, theyll be fine with a little less power.

also, underrated amps dont mean they are better amps. it just means the manufacturer rated them below what they can put out for whatever reason.

kevin what brand amplifier is that? digital designs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us