JL Audio or JBL?

Username: Angry_dragon

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum. I've been looking at amps to power my two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs, each at 300 watts RMS. I've been looking at the JL Audio 1000/1 and the JBL GTO1201.1 ii to power my subs. Can someone with experience with either brand recommend or provide advice about these brands and amps? Is JL worth paying the extra 200-300 for?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2252
www.sundownaudio.com/
SAE1000D
SAZ1500D
Give Kevin at low hz a email lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 346
Seeing that you asked about JBL and JL, the extra money for the JL is a call you have to make. The JL is a very regulated amp and has some nice features. But honestly I feel people under estimate JBL amps. They are quality amps also. But honestly, since it is your sub stage you wont really hear a difference between the two amplifiers, nor would you be able to tell a 200 watt difference when you are already over 1000.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6346
If you have the cash, then go for JL. The slash series is a great amp. Have a look at Zapco C2K series. Might be in the similar price range.
If you're going with JBL, then look at other brands too.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 641
JBL gto 1200, eD nine.1, directed d2400

Username: Angry_dragon

Post Number: 2
Hey Denim,
You said there isn't much of a difference because I'm powering subs. My subs run at 4 ohms, and the JBL puts out 784 watts RMS at 4 ohms, while the JL puts out 1000. I'm all for saving 200-300 dollars, but if I'm that much better off getting the JL, then I don't really mind paying for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 46
Is that 4ohms per coil, dvc, or 4 ohms final load each, or together? Is that your final load?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 348
If you are going to run it at 4 ohms final to the amp I guess the JL is ok, but it is more watts then rms by about 66% per sub.

If you have no plans to upgrade subs in the near future, and are not worried about sheer output, I would lean towards something like a Kicker ZX550.2 off ebay or Sundown SAX 100.2. Both are under ratted and are solid amps and put good power out at 4 ohms mono (that is if it is your final load.)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4778
IT depends if they're DVC or SVC, but i'd really get the JBL cuz you're paying half of the JL and you're getting what you need with good quality.

IMO

Username: Bwsheets

Post Number: 2
you said you have two 10" subs that are 300 watts rms each and you want to put either a JBL GTO1201.1 or a JL 1000/1? That is way too much power for those subs. You would be more than happy with a JL 500/1 though. You need either two 300 watt rms amps (one for each), or 1 600 watt rms amp. (or at least close to that)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us