Lights Flickering

Username: Suvi64

Post Number: 1
After installing my amplifier into my car I noticed that the light above my license plate flickers. I havent even put in the sub yet. I have a kenwood mono amp which RMS at 750. Hooked up is a kenwood kvt-617 dvd + Navi and Ipod so far. Any advice to help stop that flickering before I install the sub. (Kicker s12L7) The wires used are 4 gauge to the amp and ground. I heard something about a capacitor being useful????

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 289
cap is a bandaid and a crappy one at best, i use one and it's like a miracle as to why it works so well for me . anywh i have a suspicion ur lights just got a problem not the install. if u are having trouble with lights now though wait till u go thumpin. but still if it's only a licence plate bulb it's prob just the bulb that u just noticed cause there no reason why, the amp has to put drain on things by way of a load aka your sub. so i'd investigate the wire first or do tests on unhooking the amp then rehooking it. there shouldn't be any other reason.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12563
High Output Alternator, Big 3, Battery

Username: Suvi64

Post Number: 2
Whats big 3? Also I just hooked up the sub today and it seems to make the light flicker a little more. I will try to test it with a meter and double check the wires before I think about a battery. Also, if I buy a yellow top battery will I still need a new alternator?

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
yea chauncey BUT, theres no strain to cause that and as is stated ONLY the licence plate bulb so for that low of rms he should be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
big 3 is a power upgrade, esentially a new high ohm alt, a bigger batt,and thick 0 or 1 gauage grounds to the chasis and tothe alt , plus to the amp, along with replacing the positves to. thats a big 3. a deep cycle yellow will hwlp but i think a kinetic might be better. stilll if only that light flickers itcould be that lights ground.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8505
high ohm alt?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us