I need this answered ASAP ( Diesel Audio )

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 111
I'm about to buy a Diesel Audio Titanium N2 3000.1 Amp. I was wondering if that amp is as good as some say? I can hardly find any reviews or feedback on them. But if ANYONE can tell me something about this particular amp, PLEASE inform me.

Thanks!
DJ

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 26
I have no experience with it, but how much are you getting it for? Warranty? new/used?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4766
They sell a lot here in DR, some guys say they're good, but i don't think so. Maybe you should try them and tell us.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1040
I use to be a dealer for them. 5 year warranty is what got me to looking at them. They are ok, but I woul go with different amp if at all possible.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 4768
Kevin, since you had experience with them, do they put rated power or so?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2250
Kevin Holden

^^^^^Bump for for juliob question I would like to know the same .

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 117
Well, I ended up gettin' the amp. And I got it metered: after all the calculations were done, it came out to be 3100+ rms.

My CVXs are now soundin' like there's about to POP any minute now. And the funny part is: My gain on my amp hasn't been touched yet. the amp is currently just runnin' off it's Bass Boost... So Music Mart Inc. told me I need to get 2 more. That amp is a MONSTER. $479.00 w/ 5 year warranty, that's DAMN GOOD!

For right now, my opinion is that the Diesel Audio Titanium N2 3000.1 is EXCELLENT!

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1055
No they do not put out rated power. I'm sorry D.J., your amp does not do 3100 rms. The amp does an honest 1600 rms. They aren't too bad, they rate a peak. Actually, I bought a small Diesel setup to play with them mysef and put it in my girls sister's car. They are rated at peak, subs are crappy, and I actually had a tweeter catch on fire. So all in all, the amps are the best thing from them. I can still get their products if I wanted too haha. They call me every month begging me. Last one we installed for a cheap setup was the NSH-1600 and it over heated after 20 min of play.

All in all, you would have been better off grabbing a RD 1750 or Sundown 1500D.

Kevin

Kevin

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 121
As for as mathematics goes... It doesn't lie. It's doin' WAY more than an honest 1600. I've have everything from a KX1200.1, SX1250.1, ZX1500, JBL GTO & JBL BP1200.1, Hifonics BX2000D, and a JL 1000/1... And it's outdoin' EVERY SINGLE ONE of THOSE! ... Matter of fact, my homie Ralo has a 07 Tahoe with 4 L7 15s semi-walled off runnin' 2 yellow top batteries, 300A alt., and a 2000A Batcap. Amp is a KX2500 ... I connected my amp to his setup, and he offered me 600 for it. and said keep the 2500..

Soo naw... You can't tell me that crap..

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 48
I'd still take the 2500. There wouldn't be much of an audible difference with a 600w gain, less than 1 db. Oh well, if you're happy with it good.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5073
DJ,

I have never seen that amp and i'm not going to say weather or not it does 3100w.

I just want to know how Music Mart tested the amp.

Did they bring a multimeter out and check voltage and current? Did they have the DMM on peak-hold?

OR

Did they hook your amp to a dummy load and run a tone too it? Check it w/ an o-scope?

I think i might take a trip to Music Mart and see how they are testing amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5074
Also, where did you get that amp?

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 125
Marshall - I replied to your question... They check my amp by bring out a " Muli-meter ".. I was gonna take a trip to your job and let YOU test it.

Troy - There's nuttin' I could do w/ that 2500 but fry my friggin' Alternator!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4776
D.J i think you should benchtest it and post results ok?

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1061
Take it to Canaan's shop and let him test it. I will GURANTEE and put $1000 right now on the line, that WILL NOT do 3000 rms. C'mon, I'll paypal $1000 to someone honest, and you too. Then, when Canaan does the test and proves me right, I will take your money and smile :-) <<
I'm not being an @ss about it, I'm just telling you the truth, I KNOW FOR A FACT.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5075
I'm honest :-)

*cough* hey DJ, i'll split the cash w/ ya *cough*

:-)

But if you really want it tested (with box rise taken into account) bring it buy...I too will use a multimeter (2 of them) and not use peak hold. I'm willing to bet $1000 to a donut that Music Mart had their meter on peak hold and ran a sweep or something and just took the highest #'s they saw.

We started charging $10 an amp to test them though.

We had a bunch of people coming to the shop wanting BS amps tested, we would test em like we were gonna pawn on them, then they would just leave and sell it to the buddy they brought w/ them...all they were doing was showing their buddy that the amp worked so they would buy it.

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 131
HAHAHA! That's what's up... I'll be comin' Friday.. what time do ya'll open? I'm gonna come earlier!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5077
We open at 9am...I'll be there when we open.

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 132
I work in Farmerville @ the Chicken Plate... ( Graveyard ) ... I'm debatin' on if I wanna just come str8 there or go to ruston, then the monroe?

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 133
From: "Nick" <nick@dieselaudio.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: da_bootz_finezt@yahoo.com
Subject:
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:38:29 -0700

Hi,

The NSH-1-3000

At 1 ohm 3000 Watts
2 ohm 1500 Watts
4 ohm 750 Watts
The amp is 1 ohm stable- Single channel Mono

Nick Hadim
Diesel Audio Corporation
4501 W. Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
323 ) 737 -7726 EXT 11
877- 91 DISEL
nick@dieselaudio.com
www.dieselaudio.com

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1065
Nick is the owner. Decent guy, but of course he will tell you that. What he won't tell you is that peak ratings, or RMS at 16 volts.

Canaan, when you test it, grab his $1K and send me $500, you keep other half :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1066
Oh and Canaan, shoot me an email I got to talk to you about something right quick :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1072
So we gonna do this :-)

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 128
DJ i'm in Lafayette.. i have 4 RD audio 1750s. i measured 2900 watts out a pair on 11.5 volts @ 3.7ohm... maybe we could do a drop in and see how they compare. if there that soild i might have a change of heart....

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1239
dj you are full of sh1t. what calculations are you talking about? and NO way youve had experience with all those amps, and NO way someone would trade a kx2500.1 for that diesel garbage.

that amp in a car setting would be lucky to put out 1800w rms true power. probably maybe 1500w rms in your car because you most likely dont understand how the voltage can be affected by bass hits and how your electrical will drop to around 11 volts (which would be about 1/2-1/3 of 16v ratings) and no a cap wont fix that problem, only high output alternator and a solid battery.

i just think ur totally full of crap. i used to be like you thinking my boss amp did its rated power. that was when i joined ecoustics in 2003

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 134
And I'm glad you got rid of that problem... And yes, I have had experience with THAT many amps. I've buy and sold EVERY single 1... If you don't believe me, only thing I can say is come to Ruston, Louisiana and I'll take you to everyone that I'd sold an amp too. And it'll be 1 of those.

And for your information... he's blown that KX2500 twice, so he pretty much hates it. ALSO! Yes, I do know about voltage, dropage, and increase of current... I'm a fukkin' Electrical Engineering major.

KX1200.1 - Great, just gave out...
SX1250.1 - Sucks TOO much Voltage...
ZX1500 - I hate 2 ohm stable only amps...
JBL GTO1201 - Same thing, I hate 2 ohm stable only amps...
JBL BP1200.1 - Got stolen from me, including the ENTIRE car.
BX2000D - GREAT! But sold it for $450, paid $200 brand new
1000/1 - Sold that too, 1.5-4 is not what it do! @ 1ohm it get TOO hot..

BUT ANYWAY! I'd like for you not to speak on what you really don't know. THANK YOU!

Canaan - Sorry about this morning, I ended up puttin' 2 Eclipse SW6200s and 2 Eclipse SW7200s in my car today. It hits, but I need ALL Dual 2s.. They're Dual 4s wired to the amp @ 2ohms overall. ( Amp won't play @ .5 like the KX1200.1 )

Silver Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 138
DJ i have a pair of V1 alphas that would SMOKE those eclipse POS woofers... I'm asking 350 shipped for the pair.. that amp should power them nicely.. they hit pretty damn hard off a friends T1500..they have about an hour of play on them...

Silver Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 135
I've heard of them... But i've never seen 1 perform.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1084
Go meet up with Joel. Let him show you a little real equipment bud. He will also test your amp for ya. Grab some of his Alphas so he can upgrade to 18's hahaha.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us