Car Radio -looking for advice

Username: Taser

OTTAWA, ON. CANADA

Post Number: 1
Just recently purchased an 86 IROC and want to upgrade the radio system to cd/mp3 capabilities. I'm 52 and want to keep it as original as possible. I'm not crazy about the new fancy cd players or into subwoffers. Can any of you recommend a GM cd/mp3 player unit that would fit into my existing radio/cassette. Any suggestions and all help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

Username: Dee183

Chicago

Post Number: 2
I don't know about any factory GM player. But I will recommend the blaupunkt receivers they have a great selection and all you need is wiring harness to fit. Even their most inexpensive receiver has cd/mp3 features.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 322
or u can go with a simple pioneer with dash adapter and a metra plug all u do is take the adapter srew it into the stock hardware holes. if u have a gap then plug in the metra adapter. after that plug in ur radio, slide it in and ta da no wiring needed all plug in play. it might not look stock but u will be more then happy to be able to push one button and decide to go from cd or radio or even a mp3 players. thier very user friendly and common to find unlike blaupunkt. another 2 options. head to the junk yard and search for single unit cd players in cars. the problem is the wiring is very screwy in most new cars and a nightmare to wire up. if u got money look for hidden audio online. they sell cd setups that allow you to hide a reciver with cd changer anywhere in the car or trunk and keep ur factor radio for looks meanwhile keeping all ur new stuff hidden. btw if u upgrade that i highly suggest u replace the speakers to to make sure u get the most out of your system.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 891
How about keeping it stock with an aux input installed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-88-Camaro-IROC-Delco-Radio-Tape-EQ-87-86-85-84 -83_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38639QQihZ006QQitemZ160135415021QQrdZ1QQsspagenam eZWDVW

Otherwise, look for a single or double din CD/MP3 player. Most places offer free installation kits with the purchase of any receiver from them if it is needed.

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 13
I have my 6 CD Changer Stock GM Radio from a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ. I'll do some research to see if it can fit in there, I'll give it to you for a good price. Try and find out if it will fit in that nice IROC.

Username: Sheddyrover

Uk, Uk Lincolnshire

Post Number: 1
can anyone help me get a rover 800 radio code for seriel no rg710fv1014915 meny thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us