What all do I need

Username: Dan_w

Post Number: 1
I was recently given a 10" solo baric sub and a rockford fosgate 250.2 amp i want to use them without changing out the factory head unit. Any insight into what i need to do this?

Bronze Member
Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 18
my friend tried to do this... what you have to do is split the speaker wire that runs to your back speakers using some sort of converter which produces an rca output so you can run it to your amp. i dont remember what the converter is called, but if you call best buy or some professional installation place they will tell you.

the problem with doing this is the sound quality is really bad. its pretty much not worth it. my friend eventually got a new head unit after a couple of months

Username: Jayem

Post Number: 8
The converters are called Line Output Converters (LOC) or Hi/Low converters. The best budget ones are probably the ones by PAC, however if you want better sound quality without changing the stock head unit, get something like the AudioControl LC6i.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1345
a decent LOC should give you perfectly good signal to the amp. Better than many aftermarket head units.

I've read a few positive reviews on the $18 4 ch Scosche LOC that's sold at Wal-Mart.

Username: Dan_w

Post Number: 2
thanks to all for your input

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3069
Usually, the bad sound that often comes from a setup like that is not due to the LOC, but to the HU (a lot of factory HUs suck big time). Ever heard the saying "garbage in = garbage out"?

Only way to do it right is to get a new HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us