Just installed my amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Xfacta82

Post Number: 76
And the installer hooked my 4 channel amp up just to the front speakers and tweeters. He then let the cd player run the back speakers. I was wondering if this was a good idea? My main problem is that the back speakers dont seem as powerful as they should. The bass is not very strong and the sound isnt as full as Id like. The fronts are very clear and crisp, but Id just like a more full sound coming from the rear speakers. Should I go back and have him run the back off the amp also?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 259
i say amp them all thats why ur lackin sound.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3052
Ya don't need rear speakers at all...... take a look at any SQ competition system, they don't run them.

Best thing would be just disconnect them...... running off the HU they're probably detracting from the soundstage even more than they do just by being there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
But I want more bass and the back ones will produce that.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3066
No speakers that small are gonna give you good bass..... ya need a sub(s) for that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
My brothers back speakers give good bass...why would I buy back speakers and then disconnect them? Right now it just feels like the music is very clear and high pitched. I want some of that low, full sound.

Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 3
do you have 6 1/2s in the back? in my old integra i had alpine s's in the back and they sucked at producing bass, even after i hooked them up to an amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
I have CDT CL-69x in the back. I think they are 6 by 9's

USA

Post Number: 6
well if anything i would amp the back speakers... it doesnt sound like you're trying to win any competitions or anything so who cares if they are "detracting from the soundstage". i've heard 6x9's sound better then some crappy subs, they just need the power. those speakers are 100 watt rms, they need a lot more than the 20 watts they are probably getting from your head unit

USA

Post Number: 8
what amp and head unit do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
I have US Amp Exterminator 1600.4 Amplifier and Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Head Unit.

I just sat in the back seat and I cant hear them well from there even. So will hooking the amp up to them make them sound better?

USA

Post Number: 9
I've never heard of an Exterminator before so i dont know how they are rated. im guessing its 400 watts peak x 4 channels at 4 ohms a piece like usual but i dont know for sure. its probably around 150 watts RMS which is a little high for your speakers

the amp should make them sound much better... pioneer head units dont push very much. make sure that you set the gain low on your amp before turning it on because the speakers are rated lower then the rms on the amp. can you get the specs for your amp?

USA

Post Number: 10
if its an XT-1600.4 then it runs:

100w x 4 (4ohm)
200w x 4 (2ohm)

your 6x9's are 4 ohm so you should be good hooking them up in parallel(just straight + to -)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Yah I believe they are 200 x 4. Will my back speakers be a lot louder with them running off the amp?

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 11
yes, a lot louder, and the bass should hit a lot better because of the increase in power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Thanks for all your guys help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Maybe I should just wait and get a 2 channel amp solely for the back speakers. I am really liking the way my front sounds with all the power there getting. Is this a good decision?

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 28
since the amp is 4 channel the only way the front speakers are taking all the power is if you bridged 2 channels for each speaker. if thats the case then you would need another amp for the back ones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Two of the channels are hooked to the speakers and the other two are hooked to the tweeters up front.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 31
damn thats a lot of wattage for just tweeters. you really dont need that much. usually tweeters are hooked up with a crossover to limit the frequency range right from the front speaker wires, 100 watts is good to run both with no problem. if you do that, that should clear up two channels for you.

what speakers do you have in the front?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
I have CDT HD-62 Components up front and CDT CL-69x in back. So should I run my tweeters from the Head Unit and hook my back up to the amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us