Which would sound better?? help

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 22
Ok, I am having a ahrd time deciding what I want to do.

Option 1:
-(2) Alpine Type S 10 Inch, Dual 2 Ohm Coils Run in series
-(1) Alpine MRD-M605 600 rms Amp Mono Block
*both subs to one amp*

Option 2:
-(2) Alpine Type S 10 inch, Dual 4 ohm Coils Run in parallel
-(2) Apline MRD-M605 600 rms Amp Mono Block
*One sub per amp*

amp is only 2 ohm stable i think, but option 2 is a lot more expensive, but on a sound stand...which would hit harder/have better sound overall.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4737
i'd pick number one cuz with nomber two you will only increase current flow. You won't notice any audible difference.

Option 2 is more expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 159
hell i'd go with 2 type r's 10 inch and have kevin holden or someone else on here hook u up with a sundown or zapco amp. or run 1 type r 12 inch. even if it's a little more u will smoke those type - s woofers. it's up to you but take it from me i been through alot of systems my infinity woofers bumped hard but loose my typ E alpines bumped hard but weak when u tried to crank it my one type - r. rocks them all, it's up to you just do your homework before u narrow ur choices to just that equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
well, the reason i have settled on type s, is that i already have one of these alpine mrd-m605 amps, and my friend has another one that i can buy off him for 70 bucks...they are only 600 rms, and type r 10s are 500rms, meaning 2 type r's on one of these amps wont put them at full potential...and i really would perfer 10s cause im not into all this rap and hard hard hitting. 10s have a little quicker response for metal and rock like i listen to.

but speaking of these sundown or zapco amps, how much could i get one for off of kevin?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 166
gotta talk to him but i seen his deals average 2-300 around the forum. theress other guys on here to i'm just saying his names thrown around alot when amps are bought up. and those amps the right ones can push 1000 rms. btw i don't listen to rap at all , big rock guy here and my one type r hits really quick and firm not sure i get what u mean on the quicker response as much as a more punchier sound. but type r's i think that rule is pretty much broken. idk pot a topic lookin for amps or amps wanted.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
well im pretty sure i will use the amp i have...if i have the money to afford type r's, i will get them and that other amp from my friend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us