Amp for 12" type R

Username: Krom79

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have suggestions for an amp to run a 12" Alpine type R 4 ohm sub? I am looking for a decent amp in the range of $200-300.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 151
this amp is perfect for your type r. alpine makes really good amps and this will power your sub perfectly.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpmrpm650

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 2
do you know how i would need to hook it up? I am confused with the ohm deal.

Username: Dann

Abbotsford, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1
I have 2 12" alpine type r dual 2ohm dvc. A clarion dpx 1800 amp. Im running both subs at 1 ohm.The amp is 1 ohm min.What would be the best way to hook them up for the best thump anyone Know?.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 145
i can't see joshes amp but i did same deal one 12 4 ohm and i wired it to 2 om on a infinity 1600a. it pushes 600 rms at 2 ohms but for the 4 ohm woofer. dan this does not apply to you. use the jumpers that came with the woofer and go positive to positive then neg to neg with the jumpers so black jumpers go to black terminals red to red on the top where the jumpers go , now the end terminals on pos one neg u run a lead from each and they go to your amp. it's all in your alpine manual that came with the woofer but make sure ur lookin at the digram stated for the 4 ohm woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4734
kicker zx400.1 is perfect

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 3
the kicker only runs 200 rms at 4 ohms and 400 rms at 2 ohms...its recomendeed the type r gets 600 watts rms. Shouldnt the amp be a bit more powerful than that kicker?

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
exactly, don't under power this woofer is the point stressed so much, i'll be honest i'm kickin 600 rms to it and it seems like it wants a hell of alot more power. if u wanna put thump really decent and not rip your ears off the infinity 1600a amp is reasonable and will do 600 rms at 2 ohm 400 rms at 4 ohm. i have yet to crank it cause i'm breakin my woofer in slowly, but it's still audible outside the car without evenbarely touching my volume knob. infinity amps i've run several and loved them, even the newer ones , i had a 650 amp by them it did like 650 rms, i hooked 2, 12 inch dvc infinity's subs and 2, 10 inch dvc infinity subs and cranked it up to the point i thought my car was gonna fall apart. and screamed it over 2 years with no problems then turned it in under warrenty to get the 1600 a for free. i miss the 1600a for it's power it was killer efficent with all 4 subs i didn't even get a blink out of my lights. plus that was in a 86 suburban rusted to hell and poor as hell wiring. so i'd go with a infinity for the budget amp that will last you a good while.

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 4
I like the look of that infinity 1600a amp. Right now im in between an alpine MRP-M650 and the infinity 1600a. Between the two would anyone recommend one over the other?

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 161
i would get the mrp m650. i have a type r and its running on an mrp m450 that does the job well but its a little underpowered. the mrp m650 would be perfect for you man. my friend has one and it rocks his car... alpine ftw!!! either that or get a rockford fosgate punch 600.bd

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
mrp i think will push you 50 watts more the price between the two not sure the 1600a asthetic wise ::think i spelled that right:: has a led neon type glow and its the full length of the amp. plus all mounting holes are hidden. anything blue on it lights. but yea idk it's ur choice but price wise i love my infinity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
btw don't buy rockford thier not what they used to be.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4741
^^^^but still good. About kicker, it will push the sub nicely, cuz they need 500w rms.

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 5
I got the mrp. I can't see it being bad. thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us