Please help!!! Car Sounds Suck...

Username: Msmoka909

Victorville, California Usa

Post Number: 1
Can anyone out there help me please? I have a 1995 Honda Civic and I let someone hook up my sounds in my car. Ghetto of me I know..lol..But this guy told me he knew what he was doing come to find out I knew more than him. Well I have a cheap BOSS MP3-3030R 5V PreAmp Output 50W x 4 Channel CD player, a Lightning Audio Bolt 300W Amp, & (1) Hollywood BXCURSION 12" speaker. I know a lil low budget but they were free so what the hell I can't complain. But the problem is that when this guy first hooked everything up it played fine. A couple of weeks later I started smelling a smell kind of like a dentist office. Then the Amp would cut off. If I turned off the radio it would play for like 30 mins then off again the protected light comes on first then the power light. All I'm getting now is red light, green light, bass, & Amps off again right after CD loads. What could the problem be?
Email me @ MsMoka909@yahoo.com & aol.com

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 60
Sounds like your amp isn't setup right. You may have damaged the subs also. Get you a multimeter and check the ohm load of the subs to make sure they are ok. Then turn down the gain and try to set it right with the multimeter. I don't have the links right now, but i'm sure someone can post the gain setting links.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4722
Marnier, two things: cr4ppy stuffs. You should buy decent budget stuffs, like por example, one kicker CVR or pionees Ts307DVC, a profile amp and you have great wang for the money. If you wanna make a budget setup i'll help you.

Second: Bro put a K series in that honda and forget audio hahaha lol! i love imports. In fact i own a 2k civic

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6319
Marnier looks like the gain/level on the amp is not set correctly. If your HU is 5v preout, then set the amp to that. When an amp shuts down after few minutes of playing is a good sign of that.
Check the power cables, speaker wires. Make sure the strands are not loose and shorting out.

Victorville, California USA

Post Number: 3
THANKS ILL TRY IT OUT C WHAT HAPPENS BUT ALL THIS OHM AND MULTIMETER TALK IS JIBBRISH TO ME

Victorville, California USA

Post Number: 4
juliob WHAT CAN U TELL ME

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 63
Here is how to set the gain with a multimeter.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/gainSetting.pdf

Here is a calculator to use to find your amps output voltage.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Sb052287

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 30
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU BLEW A CAPACITOR IN YOUR AMP..OPEN UP THE AMP AND SEE IF THERE IS A BURNED LOOK ON TOP OF ONE OF THE CAPACITORS IT WILL HAVE SOME BROWN DRIED UP LOOKING STUFF ON TOP OF IT...THAT MEANS YOU BLEW A CAPACITOR
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us