Is my amp broken?

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 124
everything was working correctly the first day i got my amp and sub. then the next morning i went to turn it on and i could hear nothing. the light on my amp was still on and shining but there was nothing coming from the sub. what could have happened? and i know i didnt blow my sub because there was no smoke or nuthin and no smell. help please. mayb a wire or somethin im thinkin?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1383
Check all the wires and make sure they are still connected. RCAs may have came unplugged too.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6318
Connect a portable cd player at the amp's rca input terminals. If you get sound, then the amp's fine. If you get nothing, check the speaker wires. Some of the strands could've gotten loose and shorted out.
If the amp's fine, then check the rca from the HU. It could be loose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
worrrd... fixed it. it was the ground wire i guess it wasnt tight enough or something.

Username: Dj_tipsy

London

Post Number: 6
make sure you make the ground wire strongly attached to a part of the body, if it comes loose it could cause big big problems mate. even if you could weild it to your body. or use a drill to screw it in or a bigggg nut and bolt! with a metal spacer

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
true true... ill do that... what could happen?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 103
u blow ur amp, toast the alternator, cause a fire. blow ur battery into oblivion, fry everything electrical in your car. some of thats exaderated to make my point but in the end u can short circuit and ruin everything in your car associated with power not to mention bodily harm to yourself and other the list just goes on. the point, secure everything!

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
trueeeee... thanx alot man... im on it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us