Crazy problem

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 281
Does anybody's power wire get hot in like 5 min? I am running a rockford 800.2 and a 250watt max kenwood for my components so its like 50rms to each speaker recently my inside speakers go out when i turn it up to like 46 out of 60 i am guessing is due to the power wire getting to hot the amp still stays on just the speakers go out and i know its not the amp because i changed the amp for my components thinking the amp was messed up but it does the same thing on that amp. Also the inside speakers never go out when i use a mp3 player insteads of the head unit. I am running 4 gauge that splits into 2 4gauge to each amp. Whats your guys opinion is my Head unit messed up?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5332
your amplifier gains are probably set too high

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
nope everything was set with a dmm everythings been good for the last 5 months im gonna rewire everything and see what happens

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 134
Im no electrical expert but if the power wire is getting hot then a resistance is causing it to heat up. you could be trying to push too much power through too small a wire, or there are bad connections causing it to heat up, or the amp is faulty some how.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
well i found out my alternator was bad somethimes it would work and sometimes it will i guess it was bound to happen when your running 900rms off a 70 amp alt lol i am getting a 140 amp alt for 160 from a local rebuilder

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 48
Steve H is making a good point it could even be that the amp is not efficient and thus causing problems also with the speakers cutting out its probably cos of overheating, i know this kind of thing happens to subs. if you turn the volume down do the speakers come back after a few minutes??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us