MA Audio was installed in MTV "Pimp My Ride"

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 74
Hey I just saw an episode of "pimp my ride" and they installed a 15" MA Audio Sub with their brand amps that they said was pushing a total 2000 watts. Is this product a good setup
as far as a good quality bass to be heard not trying to compete like in stereo contests, just wanting to be heard?

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 48
Last time someone asked a question about ma audio there was a lot of name calling and such. So get ready.

I personally am running a ma audio amp right now. I have it pushing my subs, and it is working great for me. I haven't had any problems and it doesn't overheat in this kentucky weather like my other sony amp did. There is better stuff out there but they are not bad at all for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 137
Ma is great budget equipment. I like their stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Kewinn89

G-Bay, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 105
I was watching that too! I just purchased me a 12'' ma audio sub! And i'm going to see if its any good for myself

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 438
And I've been running the hk897 and the 489i for over 3 yrs now. Never had a problem with them, which I can not say about the soundstream amps I was running b4.

The 897 is pushing a pair of pioneers and I'm getting ready to upgrade that to a MA audio9 15"
The 489i is running my infinity's

As far as name calling goes. I don't much care what they call it, as long as they call it good for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 335
I can only vouch for the 401SX that I had, and it was pretty good for the PRICE. I really couldn't hear much of a difference between the 401SX and my Orion 2400D in the same setup @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 499
I currently have 1 MA Audio MA 1500XL and it's very loud. It's running off about 750W and you can hear it from a good distance. MA makes great budget equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4697
MA audio with 17V ratings is going nowhere. I've heard their quality isn't good, maybe they're decent but those ratings, hm.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
Julio-
They rate them at 14 volts as well.
It's right there on the box next to the '@ 17v' ratings. It's not as if they are with holding information from people, in fact quite the opposite.

JL does the same thing, do you like to sh*t on JL for including rated power at less than 14v(even if it is the same just cuz we all know JL is dank)?

I don't know about you, but I like to know my equipment's capabilities under all circumstances.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 774
"JL does the same thing, do you like to sh*t on JL for including rated power at less than 14v(even if it is the same just cuz we all know JL is dank) "

LOL.

Ratings at 12v(vehicle off)
Ratings at 14.4v(vehicle running)

14.4v = MORE POWER FROM AMP.

Company rates amps at 12v, which means even MORE power at 14.4v. Simple.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4717
Oh god jerome the same dilemma again. So you better buy Ma audio instead of jl cuz Ma says a lot of unuseful stuff in 90% of cases. You don't have a competition alt so don't talk about that thread again. Ma audio is not good.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 703
I have never heard ma audio's stuff, but they have probably some of the most powerful amps in the biz in terms of wattage...and I suspect that as long as you don't push them which would be hard to do at the wattage they claim to have available, they should be fine...especially with the sub amp...

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
Skies-
Thank you for re-iterating my point, even if you missed it. JL's ratings are the same @12v or 14v. Do they suck for telling you so?
I would like to know if my amp could put out more power with more current whether or not I was going to utilize that capability.
But again maybe that's just me.

Julio-
I'm pointing out that you are bagging on them for doing the same thing JL does:
including extra info.

And I disagree, I like the two MA amps I've had experience with, the hk 401sx and the hk 802 sx,
very much. No complaints at all.

I guess if they just took off the 17v rating you wouldn't have anything to say about them?
Have you ever actually used their stuff or is your opinion solely based on reviews from ecoustics?

Don't get me wrong J, I actually like ya, I just feel obligated to balance out all the undeserved hearsay that certain brands get. I've been guilty of getting caught up myself, but in general a lot of people rate things as god or bad without any experience with the brand, just something they heard. That's all I'm sayin.

Bronze Member
Username: Shorterthanrich

Post Number: 88
There is a lot of controversy around MA Audio. I have two MA120XE 12" DVC 350 Watt RMS subs that are being powered by a Cadence 1000D amp, and they really do sound great. Sometimes I do notice the SQ could be a little better, but considering I paid $120 for them shipped, it usually doesn't bother me too much. And really, the quality doesn't seem to be miserable. I don't know how true it is, but really they don't disappoint me.

In short, they sound pretty good for the money spent. Better than a lot of brands similarly priced. Theres better stuff out there, but bang for the buck is pretty decent.

Username: Ededed

Post Number: 1
I have the same MA Audio setup for the past 6 years, and it's still banging nice and loud as the day i got it. You gotta love the stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 186
nobody is benching amps and providing results to the public

if you asked the general public what are the best amps of today you wont get a lab tested answer

popularity and failure rates are feeding the general public

listening to amps that have been installed doesnt say much because most of the time there are no stellar speakers showing off sound quality amps

oscilliscope facts and bench tested overclocks are what you need to be looking for

just because i own a black and decker drill doesnt mean i dont know any better

Founded in 1924, Milwaukee has focused on a single vision: to produce the best heavy-duty electric power tools and accessories available to professional users. Today, the Milwaukee name stands for the highest quality, most durable and reliable professional tools money can buy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4796
all competitors say they do rated power at 17V, so is that good? for me, NO.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3095
If the product is used on "pimp my ride" thats usually a good reason NOT to get it.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4818
ha. what a bunch of newbs... if a company posts their results @ 17 volts, that alone is something that should turn you away from them. because your NEVER gonna reach that 17v

Gold Member

Post Number: 4801
thank you bassman, lol!

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 893
I got a kick out of this. I wouldn't spend my money on MA. What's your buget Chris???

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1606
i read this and was like wow... battle of the noobs.. lol. except for juilob, BM3, MS and Lowlife. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RL-S

Post Number: 14362
ma audio = high failure rate.

Bronze Member
Username: Peterstv

Gainesville, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 61
go with massive audio instead same price almost.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us