Amp for subs

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 130
I need an amp that will push two kicker compvr's dvc 4ohm subs to their limits. any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4519
sundown 1000d. buy from kevin, he'll hook you up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
i have heard massive audio p1000, and hifonics? , but i need an amp that will push my subs better than a lanzar vibe 286, this amp pushes them good but i believe they can handle way more

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4521
the amp i suggested should work fine.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4669
massive audio is good, but is not better than sundown. You need 1000w rms at 1 ohm. You won't notice much difference from that vibe cuz it puts around 800-1000w rms bridged.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2888
Sundown > Massive > Hifonics

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
i dont know much about wiring, but i do not have my amp bridged. And i do not belive this amp is putting out 800-1000w rms. How should i wire my subs with this amp? And if i got a sundown, or a massive audio amp, how much better than the vibe would these amps be? and how would i see 1 ohm with these 4 ohm subs? (new at this, thanks for the help)

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
if i got a massive audio p1000, how would i wire it?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2895
Wire everything in parallel all + to + and - to -. With two DVC 4 ohm subs that will result in a 1 ohm total.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
ok thanks, is getting this massive audio p1000 a good upgrade from the lazar? i want my subs to be louder and have cleaner power supplied to them, so is this a good choice?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2896
You shouldn't hear a difference from changing amplifiers when they're that close in power output. Amps are supposed to be transparent, a watt is a watt.

The difference is the quality of the equipment, which the Massive is much better than that lanzar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
thats understandable, i just dont think the lanzar is putting out 800-900w rms. thanks for the help MS, its very appreciated

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2903
Yep no problem....... it's a lanzar vibe so I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's overrated

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
ya, i bought the amp when i knew very litle about amps, i just saw 4000watts! lol,

but i got one more question, i have one sub moving more than the other, but when i switch the subs to the opposite channel, the other sub moves less. i think one channel is not putting out euqual power, is this true, or is it becuase of the way my subs are wired?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
MS, can u help???plz

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2925
It is probably the amp, thats my guess.

That's really all I can say without actually being there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
i think its the amp not distributing equal power

One last question, i cant decide between the Massive audio p1000.1 or the Hifonics bxi1206. the hifonics puts out 1200w rms and the massive audio puts out 1000w rms, is there much of a difference, and which amp would you pick?

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
i think its the amp not distributing equal power

One last question, i cant decide between the Massive audio p1000.1 or the Hifonics bxi1206. the hifonics puts out 1200w rms and the massive audio puts out 1000w rms, is there much of a difference, and which amp would you pick?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4677
Massive, difference is just quality cuz they will put almost the same power.

About the lanzar, it puts like 800-1000w rms bridged. if you need help with wiring, go to www.the12volt.com woofer wiring and you're done

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2931
" the hifonics puts out 1200w rms "

Nope it doesn't they are overrated. That amp will do 900-1000 watts. And the Massive is better quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us