Some one help my JL 500/1 died

Username: Jladam415

Post Number: 6
so contrary to my beliefs that a 500$ amp wouldnt die, it did. It was running my 10w7, and i accidentally pulled the ground off (at the source not the amp) anyways i connected it back up and it wont turn on, no power light no nothing.. the ground is great, the power is hooked up, no fuses are blow, and everything is good, even the remote ( i believe ) ive taken it to two different places, both which shrugged their shoulders..

anyways i paid 200 for this amp off a buddy, good deal, and it costs 185 to fix from JL, because i dont have the receipt its not warranted..

can anyone tell me if there is just a fuse inside or something i can change, i dont want to open it up and void any type of warranty if theres nothing i can do... please let me know asap

aim xSX450

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2827
That is very unusual for a JL....... you bought it from your friend? Did he buy it from an authorized dealer? The reason I ask is there's a ton of JL fakes out there (fake JL casing with cheap amp inside).

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2458
Take it out and wire it right to the battery. Jump out the remote, this will tell you if its the amp or wiring. And looking on Ampguts.com, there does not appear to be an internal fuse. Not positive due to pics a bit blurry,. But good luck.

Post Number: 7
Hey, yeah i am pretty sure it is a real JL, he had the receiept... also i jumped the remote, and still no light, no nothing, i am really stumped with this thing...

anyone know of any other GREAT not good, or OK, amps to run a 10w7, i really liked this amp but its very expensive... let me know thanks

Adam

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2843
I would suggest a: US Amps AX 500DE

Post Number: 8
how much is that? and will it last, perform ect.. where do i get it...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2461
Did you wire it up diectly to the battery? Are you sure theres voltage at the amp? Just looking at the wires is no good. YOU NEED TO PUT KNOWN POWER TO IT. DO you have a dmm?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6255
How do you know the fuses are good? Did you measure it or just inspect it with your eyes?

Post Number: 10
i volt tested everything the fuses, power, remote, everything its all good...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
well its down at short circuit in San jose they should call me in a day or two telling me whats wrong with it...

sweet jl!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3071
just wondering.... was it in mid bass? It could of somehow got extrememly clipped due to the massive voltage drop\rise... didnt go into protection fast enough

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
it might have been i dont remember...

so i called short circuit and they are sending it to jl, 240$ to fix that mother f*****.. i would never pay that and say to hell with them if i wasnt getting reimbursed for the repair...

what a joke, this seriously just changed my view on J L

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3088
JL is a quality product but there costs are way over the limit compared to the current market. I dont find JL even in my plans for this reason, but dont let it make you think there products suck i dont see many JL things go bad even on ebay. But atleast JL will fix the amp, they wont even recone a sub anymore which kinda sucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us