Experts opinion

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4658
Hey, i have a lil dilemma with a friend, he needs 1000-1200w rms at 1 ohm for his next setup. He's wondering between hifonics bxi 1206d or lanzar optidrive 1400d. I asked a friend here in DR who knows more than me and he told me to pic hifonics, i disagreed because they are overrated and opti is not or is more acccurated you know what i mean. He told me that he thinks maxxsonics made hifo with better quality, i told him that zed audio made optidrive line and they're better.

Which one would you choose?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4475
between those two, probably the optidrive. from what i hear they are decent. but personally i wouldnt use either.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2833
Opti. They are in the same league of quality, and you won't even get 1000 out of that hifonics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4660
well mat, i wouldn't use them if i could afford better. But when you're tight, you try to get good quality and good bang. I was thinking hifo because of the reputation and i haven't seen many hifonics refurbs, but lanzar has a ton.

I was leaning about optidrive, now you guys confirmed that.

Username: Chevydrew

California

Post Number: 9
how much can you get these amps go for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4672
around 200-230$

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2878
Zed audio shares a relationship with Hifonics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4675
yeah, but i think Zed stopped long time ago with hifonics, with lanzar they stopped in 2003. I could be wrong but that's what i've seen

Bronze Member
Username: Chevydrew

California

Post Number: 11
You can get a US Amps XT2000D for about that price. It's 1000w RMS. From what I've heard US Amps is good stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4691
yeah, they're good stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_made_pong

Belmont, Port of spain Trinidad

Post Number: 11
nah nah...since maxxonics took over hifonics the quality of the brand dropped tremendously...it is nothing like it was before.....i would go with the lanzar....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4695
^^^that's what i thought in some part

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2089
yeah maxxsonics also ruined autotek. i dont think that the optidrive is a good amp. hifonics are decent amps they are about right on there ratings. i would go hifonics though

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 299
You can say that again, tradgedy for Autotek. And honestly, the Lanzar amps that were bad a** were the Grey Opti-drives 100, 150, 200, 500, & 50C(TMS, PLUS, & Q). Shortely after that, as Juio said, their quality PLUMMETED ! But it was before 03.

And while your at it, They Fuged up MB Quart as well, that one is prolly the saddest one, and Autotek. But the 1400d, which is NOT one of thier phenominal amps, are just marginal in comparison to the old style. Same with Hifonics. Mr Mantz had his hand in the jar, but NOT for any of those models. Way after his era. I dunno which one I woudl use though. My guess is the Opti-drive, but I woudl speak with someone who has used BOTH on the same set up, they can prolly tell you better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us