RD 800.1 or Sundown SAE 1000D

Bronze Member
Username: Shorterthanrich

Post Number: 27
RD 800.1 or Sundown SAE 1000D. Similar in price - The sundown is $15 more ($260 and $285). I need to push two 350 RMS MA audio 12" subs. I'll be running at 1 ohm because they have dual 4 ohm voice coils.
Which is the best bang for the buck or best quality? I don't want to be replacing an amp anytime soon..I'm really strapped for cash. Kevin Holden is selling either of them to me, and I trust him - I'm just looking for more input

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
No input on this at all here? Someone elsewhere mentioned a refurb cadence xrs-8, 1500 RMS amp for $200

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4375
out of those two choices sundown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I'm not set on those two for certain. They just happen to be the only stuff really offered besides the cadence. One of my problems is that I don't know the volume of the box. They're MA120XE, 350 RMS with dual 4 ohm voice coils and thats about all I know. Recommended 0.75 - 1.25 cu. ft. sealed box or 2 cu. ft ported, but the box I have is sealed.

Suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Are the previously mentioned amps way better than the AUTOTEK MM1000.1D? I'm just kind of looking around at this point. Why do you say the sundown?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4610
i'd pick RD cuz is cheaper and quality is good, but if sundown holds lower loads then pick sundown all the way

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I'm pretty sold on the RD personally. Someone is tryin to sell me on this Cadence on another forum.
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=17&idproduct=1

He wants $200 for it shipped. Thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4376
id get the sundown over the RD. and i wouldnt get that candence.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I'm probably getting the sundown. Might get the RD 1000D, depending on the price the guy can do for me

Bronze Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Post Number: 32
both very well built good amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Ok, I'm starting to get frustrated. Here it seems Sundown is def favored, but on other forums I got guys yellin at me for being crazy to not pick up the refurb cadence for $200 with a yr warranty. Whats the reasoning for one over the other?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
A friend of mine has an alpine amp that I like the sound of. How is Sundown, RD, or the cadence compared to alpine?

Bronze Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Post Number: 34
imo they are built alot better and also sound quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
That seems to be the accepted opinion. Choosing between the Cadence TXA-1000D and the Sundown SAE-1000D at this point. Both seem like great amps, so I guess it comes down to how good the deal is :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us