Rebuilding around DD9515

Username: Jayzbent

IL. USA

Post Number: 9
Hey guys whats kickin. Anyway my system got ganked couple of weeks ago now im rebuilding again. I have a DD9515 I can get my hands on for a decent deal but the only thing is its a D4 sub and I would have rather had a D2 or lower but for the deal I can't really pass on it. I had a 3512 D2 sub running on a PPI PCX1500 mono block. I really love the DD subs and the 9515 would be a step up for sure. Basically what amp could I get to drive that sub and not get killed in the pocket book? I like PPI (pre DEI) and I could get another but what else do you think would be a good match?

Thanks,
Jay B.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 576
please let me know if you are selling your current amp when you upgrade. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 576
read the post. he got jacked

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 428
Well....since you have one dual 4 sub, you want your power at 2ohm. Some good amp choices would be: Massive Audio P3000.1, Autotek MM4000.1,and the Hifonics XXV Collousus.

Bronze Member
Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 43
What kind of power are you looking for? What are the specs on the sub/subs? How many are you running?

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 11
Well I don't want to have to upgrade my alternator or electrical any more then what I have to work with. At the moment I have my 2 optima batts one for my car and the one I use with my MBR70 battary regulator. Question is that sufficiant to run a 3k watt amp? I had the PPI 1000watt mono and my PPI 4 channel 640watt running my fronts which I plan to just use a smaller 2 channel for those cause I wasn't using but 2 channels to begin with. Are those Massive Audio amps A/b or class D? Also I see that 3000.1 requires 0 gauge wire would that mean I would have to redo all from front or just from my second battery to the amp and regulator?

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 12
"What kind of power are you looking for? What are the specs on the sub/subs? How many are you running?"

I am running a single 15 probably box will be around 3.75^ft tuned to around 40hz. DD is rated around 1500rms to 3000. Its a DD 9515E so im am not sure what the ratings are should be pretty close to the new ones. I like NIN, Tool etc. So is 40hz good for this type music my 3512 sounded fantastic at 40Hz. I don't want it to sound sloppy on the quick beats that will drive me nuts heh.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 578
sorry thought only the sub got jacked. sucks man. it would be really hard to power a 9500 with no ho alt. 2K is a good safe number for a 95 series

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 17
Im thinking I may just get another 12. I was happy with it. Luckily insurance covered most of it cept the deductable but next time they won't get it unless they take the whole car I am making sure of that. I really don't wanna alter my electrical anymore then what I have now which is 4ga from front to my MBR70(they got my one but luckily I have 2)and 4ga. from that to my optima. And unless I run conduit under the car with 0ga. I just don't wanna redo it all. And if its gonna take that to run that sub I will just trade down no big.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2851
What size is your stock alt. you ussualy want about 100A per every 1000watts

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 18
Its 135amp alternator and add in the MBR70 and other batt since it regulates up to 6 batts shouldn't that be enough to handle the job or does the wire running to the main car batt have to be upgraded aswell cause if it just from the second batt to the amp then its like only a few inches.

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 209
since you already have a thread posted regarding the same thing I'll jump with you I'm looking for one between 2.5k and 3.5k rms for a decent price so far all the ones I've seen prices for are over $700 anyone know of any goods ones for less than that I'm trying to power a RD sql heavywieght
I almost went with the 9515 but alot of people told me to try RD's subs instead

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4649
you need to upgrade your alt bro. 135A won't be enough to keep 3k rms.

If i were you, i'd get that dd9515, sell it and grab a smaller model. IMO

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 23
Well I can get an HO alt on ebay its only 165A for $165 shipped. I sent an email to HOAlts and they quoted me a price of $660 for a 170A thats pretty steep. Anyone know a good place to look? Im gonna check locally and see what I can find.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 160
excessive amperage, got a 190A alt for around 300

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2730
Best deals you will find on good quality HO alts:

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 24
Sweet thanx MS and Nick man I didn't see those. Still kinda pricey but if I want to run that sub im gonna have to do it. And if I do it at least thats done. Besides I have these teens across the street and he has a newer Monte Carlo and he has some Fusion Audio or something I never heard of it before. He has 2 12 and a 3k watt amp driving them it hits ok rattles more then anything imo. No highs all bass. I want to show him what bass is really suppose to be. So if I have to upgrade so be it. Nothing like a good friendly rivalry to fuel that inner fire.

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 210
anyone know of someone one makes an alternator above 200 amps?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 469
Excessive Amperage
Iraggi
Power Master

and probably lots of other companies

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2753