Amp wont turn back on?

Username: Saxodk6

Leicestershire, United Kingdom United Kingdom

Post Number: 8
i have a shark 400w 2 channel amp wired to 2 6 x 9 speakers wired it in 2 days ago working great, then when i go to turn my car on to leave house it wont come on again? just stopped turning on have tried fuse thats fine all wires connected properly earth screwed to botto of boot metal bit so not the earth problem the red light is on so there is power why will it not come back on again?

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 857
Shark amp? Never heard of them. And what are you talkin about the "earth" thing? Im guessing you mean the ground connection? If the red light is on that usually means its in protect mode,you may have had your speakers wired wrong to the amp causing it to fry.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 477
Check your inline and any internal fuses. Check your ground and wiring configurations. Disconnect all your wires and then re attach them. Sometimes its a little loose. Make sure all the wire is really jammed in there, and twist the wire nice and tight before you put it in the amp.

Post Number: 9
yes i meant the ground connection how can you go wrong connecting the speakers all you can do is follow the negative from the speakers to the negative to the amp and so on not much can go wrong there surely

Post Number: 10
john wheeler sorry but what do you mean by check all the inline and there are no fuses which i can see on the outside do i need to open the amp up to look at them? i have the rca connectors from the amp to the head unit, the power cable on to the actual positive connection to the battery and the remote wire to the back of head unit also. the ground is screwed directly to the bottom of the boot no better place surely?

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 481
Do you not have an inline fuse roughly 8 inches from the battery? Or fuses that you stick in the amp, the little square clear colored ones?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yes i have a fuse near the battery i have tried replacing it but did not work? but no fuse on amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yes i have a fuse there near the battery but not one in the amp, i have tried replacing the fuse near the battery still not working

Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 2
see heres my idea, check your R.E.M cause if all lights are normal ur amp might have a issue with its rem or ur rcas to the headunit have a failure. last thing like was said its in protect meaning u got a short or something alongt those lines.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
so what do you mean by the R.E.M and the rca connectors what do you suggest i do about it or can anything be done to solve it if that is the problem?

Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 4
i kind of need more info, like this light ur talking about is it the normal one that was on when running or did the light go from green to red. and rem is a pulse signal sent from the radio to the amp to turn it on. kind of imagine u flicking a switch everytime when u turn the car on or off. thats a rem in basic terms. only thing i've ever done on my old truck was cause grounding. i tightened a newly mounted speaker to much the terminals touched my metal body and killed all my sound till i untightend it. why i say this is if the amp goes bad typicall ur sound will be messed up or ur warning lights will go onand lastly everything will go dead. now if the amp seems dead test ur amps power feeds for voltage. if the fuses look fine still replace them, there could be a hairline break u will never see. best weapon here is a voltage meter and some time. run power checks and if your amp is on try running other means for you rcas to test , a ipod excetera. something died for a reason . i had my amp die out in winter cause the jack on my radios master feed came out and that jack was my rem so my amp was dead till i hooked the little pos wire back up. but theres your best soloutions and remember things don't just die unless they have sony written on them or xploade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us