Matching subs with Memphis 1000d amp

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 45
i am interested in purchasing some subs for my Memphis 1000d amp which outs out 1100 watts if i'm not mistaken.. the question is if i found a sub which puts out 250 watts rms and 500 watts max is that saying with both subs it will be pushing around 1000 watts or is it saying with bothsubs together they put out a total of 500 watts... i dont understand the wattage readings.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikeneufeld

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 19
i would personally run 1 dd 3515 if you have the room. that would get loud and sound good...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4263
first, subs don't put out power the amp does. look for either a single sub that is rated around 1000wrms or a pair of subs that are rated about 400-500wrms each. all dependent on the sub though but that's a good basis to go off of. i'd look into these
single sub:
fi q
idmax
pair:
dd 2512
si bm
ss rl-p
jl w6

damn, i'm done. just give us a budget to work with and the specs of the amp. without those these lists can go on for quite some time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
well i have an empty box that housed two memphis 15's that i somehow blew one day without the volume up so i need a set of subs that will fit the box my budget is no morw than $250 im thinking even considering ebay

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2190
You don't fit subs to a box....... every sub has it's own specs thats dictate what type of box to build for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
how about a set of rockford fosgate 15's and are 8 ohm or 4ohm that are rated 250 rms and 500 watts peak..will my memphis 1000d amp end up blowing these subs

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4280
rf subs suck. and listen to m.s., if getting new subs get a new box.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 673
First, FORGET MAX POWER RATINGS. They are merely a marketing tool. Get 1 15" Fi SSD [ FiCarAudio ], or 1 15" RD Audio Classic or Sonance [ RD Audio ] and make a nice box for it and you will be more than happy.

Your amp will NOT blow any sub rated from 800-1100rms given that your gains are set correctly. Gain is NOT a volume control, don't treat is as such. Set your gain properly, with this short tutorial.

RF Subs suck.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1329
SkieS, when I read your posts I feel like I'm reading my own The advice, the tone, the punctuation, the spelling! Dang man, Good job! lol

And I do remember when RF had great subs :-(

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2721
Max power ratings are mearly PEAK TO PEAK power ratings... think of it like this.. the power has to go above and below a line of 0Watts.. which is basically the magnetic feild that pushs and pulls the sub back with the power... when it is above the 0watt line its pushing out, when it goes under the sub is pulling back in... but thats not what this thread is... and i dont think its called a 0watt line either.. but i couldnt think of how to explain it any better...

If you get a new sub...your going to want a new box... really the only way to use the same box is to match the box specs to rec. specs of the new subs you want... like some companys will make differeent subs to replace the old line and call them "Drop IN Subs" because they use virtually the same box specs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us