Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 6
how compared to the memphis 4k

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2164
RF

More power and better quality. Those amps are underrated, should do about 4500 watts.

Username: Mikeneufeld

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 7
and the memphis, is it more power hungry than the rf

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2168
Either of those amps is going to draw a ton of current. And those memphis don't like low voltage at all, which is likely to happen when running an amp that big.

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 8
atleast a 200 amp ho alt and 3 kinetic batts eh?

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 9
atleast a 200 amp ho alt and 3 kinetic batts eh?

Bronze Member

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 13
thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 357
I think you would be fine with only two additional batteries. But, if you have the money, the more batteries the better.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 777
the memphis is underatted to, also the memphis will never have problems, and they never heat up at ALL, long lasting, good quality amp

but they are current takin sum beaches

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2177
Yes they do have problems with low voltage, search some of the competition forums and you will see what I mean......

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12645
that is because people that have memphis amps run them way below their ohm loads. when you do that it needs sh!t load of current.

Silver Member

Post Number: 780
^^ correct, id take memphis over rf amps, definetaly the memphis prd1000.1 over the rf T10001bd, jmo

both does over 1000, but the memphis seemed like my subs sound better and hit harder

MEMPHIS AMPS

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
ohh ^^^^, experimence with both amps

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1679
Rockford Fosgate Power amps a great hands down the RF T10001 over the Memphis PRD1000.1 I've seen the RF T10001 put upwards to 1500 watts. I can't say the same for the Memphis PRD1000.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1680
Back to the topic Rockford T40001 over Memphis 4KW. My opinion

Silver Member

Post Number: 783
Memphis PRD1000.1 > RF T10001

both does over 1000, but the memphis seemed like my subs sound better and hit harder

MEMPHIS AMPS

i have owned both and the memphis is DEFINETALY 100% better, i sold the rf to a friend about 2 weeks before i activated this ecoustics account

u aint got to believe me f you dont want, i just know, i had both, so get the rf if u like it better

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
^^^^ there is a review of those 2 amps, but they are both great

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2212
" both does over 1000, but the memphis seemed like my subs sound better and hit harder "

Then you had them set differently. It's impossible to notice a difference an SQ deference between two even moderately good class D amplifiers producing the same power. The only noticeable difference would be loudness, based on the amount of power each amp does. (the RF will do more)

Silver Member

Post Number: 788
no the rf will not do more, and the memphis is a more solid amp, and i like the looks better on it to, why do u think i sold the rf instead of selling the memphis? lol

Bronze Member

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 31
sweet good responses guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1683
The memphis MCD1000 is better than the PR1000.1 in every way and the MCD1000 can't hang with the Rockford T10001. The Memphis PR amps were there lower line before they come out with the street edge series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 792
The memphis MCD1000 is better than the PR1000.1 in every way and the MCD1000 can't hang with the Rockford T10001. The Memphis PR amps were there lower line before they come out with the street edge series.

^^^^ all i can say is you must be new to car audio lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
dummass they make street edge, and both street edge and the pr lines was out at the same time go do sum research lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
"The memphis MCD1000 is better than the PR1000.1 in every way and the MCD1000 can't hang with the Rockford T10001."

and for that part it is a lie, as i said above check my review on my memphis PRD1000.1 and my old RF T10001, lol u can tell some stories dude

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2690
id have to say RF beats Memphis... to see what is a better build.... see which one you can find more of... that are being sold "AS IS, FOR PARTS, NEEDS REPAIR" ect lol.... i know the winner of that one....

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2226
^^^ That's true now that you mention it

" no the rf will not do more "

Yes it will. Those amps do at least 500 watts more than rated, on their birthsheets.

" and the memphis is a more solid amp "

No it's not. How many blown RF power series are there around, and how many Memphis 4kw?...... I thought so.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4571
Ok. Lets clear some ideas.

Mephis 4kw= good amps in their ratings.
Rockford t4000bd= Exceeds power ratings.

Both good quality.

I think memphis is better than rockford when it comes to quality nowadays, but rockford is clearly more powerful.

And yeah, you can't tell difference with the same power, in fact, there's no audible difference between 1200-1300w rms, to 1400-1500w rms.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 552
premier sound ur a fvckin post whore. consolidate ur god damn posts. u had 3 in 15 mins w/ no1 responding in between about some stupid sh1t. stfu and make it one post. BTW they r both good amps so which ever one u want, get! like juliob said, theres no audible difference between the same sub on 1200 compared to that same sub on 1300.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2706
i would go with RF unless you are 100% sure you wont be playing it on low voltage....im sure the RF would take it better then the 4KW but i still think RF is better quality from what ive read\seen. RF's been out longer and still see more blown memphis;s going around.....my quality point.. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2707
also the rf will give you more power..

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12687
the reason you guys see more memphis blown then the rf is cause people with the memphis run their amps below their recomended ohm load. if you have the charging and you drop the ohm load on the memphis, it will sh!t on the RF. the RF goes into protection as soon as the ohm load is too low. which is good cause you won't blow the amp.

unfortunately i didn't have sufficient charging and i drop the ohm to .25ohm (.5ohm strapped) and i blew one amp. it was going fine for awhile so i figured it was okay but i guess not. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2708
Chad you blew a amp!!!!!! WTF MAN>!>!>!! its amp blowing season

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12230
I would get the rf over the memphis..

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12688
yeah killa tell me about it man. fack!!!!! i got warranty so i am okay though.

also chauncey and the rest are right. for a daily setup the RF is much better choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
all i said is the memphis prd1000.1 is for sure better than the rf T10001, cause ive owned both, and if u dont believe that u must not know sh!t, cause ive tested those exact two amps and the memphis is better, im not saying the rockford was bad cause it was a great amp too, but i just prefer the memphis, after i tried them side by side that gave me the choice of keeping the memphis, never had aproblem with it, it will stay COLD on bass cd's, test tones, but i sold the rf about wat i paid for the prd new lol and its still going good

Gold Member

Post Number: 2709
Electronic experts are being lil bit<h's and not answering my emails to warranty me.... dont anyone buy from them.... bad customer service..they like to ignore you...(ebay store)

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-POWER-AMP-T30001BD-3000-WATTS-MONO-WOW_W0QQ itemZ320112090993QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-T20001BD-COMPETITION-MONO-CAR-SUB-AMP_W0QQi temZ270118050753QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres just a couple refurb rf's, show me mcd4kw or the mcd2500 refurbs.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12231
lol^^that proves nothing....just because an amp is a refurb doesnt mean it was blown...

The RF amp is better....plain and simple....Im glad you are happy with your memphis it is a nice amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2714
http://cgi.ebay.com/Memphis-1000d-Amp-16-ST1000d-Broke-Audio-1000watt-1-OHM_W0QQ itemZ330116510942QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/mono-amps/1123-fs-memphis-4kd-memphis-3004 -a.html <says he had to have memphis fix the 4kw... now he selling it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2715
can you say pwnt

we can

A. End the Thread
or
B. Say the 4KW is better then the RF40001...and show proof... quality and power both...

but either way you look at it i say the RF beats it... but the memphis would do good if not abused... but i like amps and subs you can abuse a bit... so you dont have to worry about it breaking...

also 4KW's are selling on ebay 750 each right now... 1 ad but he says he got 16 of em
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Memphis-4kw-4000-watt-car-audio-amp_W0QQcmdZViewI temQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ014QQitemZ330116822348QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Silver Member

Post Number: 800
lol, killa the first amp is one of the first amps memphis made lol, thats like me getting a lot of the older version punch's and post them like crazy but its not worth it, ive done my amp testing

and the second one you had to find on a forum lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
im not the one with a cheap @ss earthquake that just burnt up lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
also 4KW's are selling on ebay 750 each right now

lol i can get 1 new for $540 brand new with warranty

Gold Member

Post Number: 2717
Haha dude... dont even try ripping on me now, i never said Earthquake is a good brand or good quality... i just simply said it does its power.. and it got loud.. and thats not even this thread.....

Is that with that hornetsnest thing? Has anyone recieved anything from that yet.. i still havnt seen answers from my last thread about it... also i would have found more on ebay but the last 5 of them i seen sold for cheap... like 300 or so.. all blown

Gold Member

Post Number: 2718
Haha dude... dont even try ripping on me now, i never said Earthquake is a good brand or good quality... i just simply said it does its power.. and it got loud.. and thats not even this thread..... also just so you do know... this thread is to compare the 4kw against the 40001 not 1000rms amps.. lol

Is that with that hornetsnest thing? Has anyone recieved anything from that yet.. i still havnt seen answers from my last thread about it... also i would have found more on ebay but the last 5 of them i seen sold for cheap... like 300 or so.. all blown

Silver Member

Post Number: 804
"Is that with that hornetsnest thing? Has anyone recieved anything from that yet.. i still havnt seen answers from my last thread about it..."

yea, they replied back to me, and posted another forum that showed reviews on them, about ppl who has orderd from them recieving there amps very early and are happy about them

Bronze Member

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 39
ya hornets nest is da man, good service reliable and always answers pm's fast... he's the way to go...

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2283
" ive done my amp testing "

You've tested both? Lets see the numbers then..... I'm dying to see that memphis do more power than the RF

Or did you mean quality? If so there's no concrete measurement of quality, so you couldn't have tested that. You go by the company's reputation and the reputation the the specific model of equipment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2731
Taco Bell anyone? Its Cat Burritos :-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12746
KILLA you whore!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums