Positive and negative

Username: Lord_victor

Post Number: 2
im having trouble determining which wire is positive and negative in my car the wiring is all weird colors for the speakers how can i figure this out?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 545
red is normally pos. ground is black

Post Number: 5
these wires all all funky their like pink/green and pink/blue so i need sum way to find out wich is positive and negative

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 546
is that for ur head unit? did u just buy an aftermarket head unit?

Post Number: 8
no these are for my back speakers theirs are only 2 wires

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 292
plug them up and if they sound like crap then switch them

its really a trial and error thing

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 38
check your speaker with 9 volt battery and wire, I took an old toy and robbed the 9 volt connection off it and hooked red and black wires to it. then you can just touch you speaker terminals to see which is pos+ and which is neg-

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2373
Usually there is one solid, one striped. Striped is positive most times. But not always. Do you have a DMM? Probe the wires, it will tell you. Meter has red and black wires. If you put the red meter wire to the solid speaker wire, and black to striped, meter should read 4 volts or whatever. If you hook the red up to the striped and the black to solid, and meter reads - 4 volts, then the striped is positive.

Bronze Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 76
exactly as mark said a digital multi meter. your best tool, on my old truck it had that type wiring and the blue or darker color was m positive, but don't quote me as that being your case. use the meter all will be peachy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us