Enclosures

Bronze Member
Username: Dtp2007

South, Jersey

Post Number: 11
im want to build a box but sure what size and tuning?

here speaker specs:

http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06..._box_specs.pdf

i have 12' audiobahn so im not worry about sq i want max spl

1. should i tune it at recommend 37hz or go lower maybe 33hz i listen to rapso maybe i can get more lower end bass upper 20. Rap does seem to go under 30hz often
2. i have (2)12" so if my specs page states 3.3c/ft i have 2 speakers i have to go 6.6cu/ft tuned @ whatever , could i do a 4.5cu/ft.

Bronze Member

South, Jersey

Post Number: 12
fix link

im want to build a box but sure what size and tuning?

here speaker specs:
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/2005/boxParams/AW00N_box_specs. pdf

1. should i tune it at recommend 37hz or go lower maybe 33hz i listen to rapso maybe i can get more lower end bass upper 20. Rap does seem to go under 30hz often
2. i have (2)12" so if my specs page states 3.3c/ft i have 2 speakers i have to go 6.6cu/ft tuned @ whatever , could i do a 4.5cu/ft.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1284
Build it to spec, 37Hz with 6.6cu ft net volume. It should be pretty loud and tuned to 37Hz it won't sound terrible. I have 2 audiobahns in a much smaller box tuned to 45Hz...it sounds really good and loud around around the tuned requency, but gets really muddy when trying to play lower. If you build the box right and get the right amp for them, you should be happy.

Bronze Member

South, Jersey

Post Number: 13
"iT wont sound terrible" i want it to sound good i can build a box anywhere between my min and max and benefits of tuning 37hz

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1289
"i have 12' audiobahn so im not worry about sq i want max spl"

I'm going from what you said. 37Hz is more on SQ side than SPL. That's a big box and those subs should be able to get pretty loud. Besides, 37Hz is what they recommend for maximum SPL. You should be happy with that box if you do it right.

Bronze Member

South, Jersey

Post Number: 15
but i want spl also... audiobahn are not known for it sq so if i want max spl what tuning? and can i make box small if needed

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1291
You can make it smaller if you need to, but for those subs seems the larger it is, the louder it will sound. I say go for what you originally put out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us