Earthquake PH5000W amp or Massive Audio p3000.1

Username: King_charlie_01

Post Number: 1
I was searching for an amp that would be sufficient enough to power up a large system, and during my search i came up with two somewhat inexpensive amps that both seem to compare to eachother. One is the Earthquake PH5000W amp and the other is the Massive Audio p3000.1 Im not sure which to get so if anyone has any personal experience with either or if anyone has any general knowledge behind either or the products, please respond back... thank you

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12202
large system???....do u have everything else for this large system?

Username: King_charlie_01

Post Number: 2
i got a hifoincs goliath 3215, an alpine 9856 deck, alpine type X component speakers ( although im going to have to find another amp to power 60rms for that), i bought a car audio battery, and then im going to take it to an intown store to get a custom box, wiring, and installaton with the capacitors. So....... chauncey , do you have an opinion or are you just bullshitting around?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 631
No, Chauncey is being serious. I carry the Massive audio line, and to run that amp to its potential you will need a nice size battery in trunk/rear, no smaller than 2 gauge wire, and at least 200 amp alt. NO CAPACITORS !!! In large sytems they hurt more than help. We have that amp at $525 shipped right now as well. The amps are nice and BernyMac on here has 2 of them. You aregoing to spend close to $1000 on electrical as is. What kind of ride do you have?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2382
"NO CAPACITORS !!! In large sytems they hurt more than help. We have that amp at $525 shipped right now as well. The amps are nice and BernyMac on here has 2 of them. You aregoing to spend close to $1000 on electrical as is. What kind of ride do you have? "

They won't hurt if your alternator has amperage to spare :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2383
King Charlie,how much are you willing to spend on amp/amps?You're going to need electrical upgrades as stated above by Kevin but just let us know your budget and we can even get you into better amps than Massive Audio and Earthquake.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 637
Ya I know Rob, but why waste that extra powa on a cap hehe :-) For sure, what is your budget, may get better than you think.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us