Amplifier Questions

Username: Schinner

Post Number: 5
alright heres the deal i just bought two kicker CVR 10's they are 2 ohm with dual voice coil. (300w rms, 600w peak)

anyways i have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 55.2 (55w rms 2 channels into 2 ohm load)....i would like to know if the amp will work for the subs....obviously the subs wont be operating up to their potential but will this setup hurt anything??

another question.....what amp, if i were to get a new one would be the best match?

One last thing....the subs must be wired either parallel or series...manual says parallel will make a 1 ohm load...isnt that too low for the amp? amp says 2 ohm load min. now if i put it in series it will be a 4 ohm load...wouldnt that make the amp go to this spec? (27.5w rms 2 channel into 4 ohm load)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1642
This is how you wire you subs
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=2&impedance_of_subs=2o hm_dvc&x=148&y=12

This amp will be great for those subs.
http://www.millionbuy.com/powasa8002.html

Post Number: 6
Thank you much Joey.

alright with the wiring you showed me, i know that i would want a mono amp. now im considering maybe a kicker 300.1

the specs say 300w rms x 1 @ 2 ohm

so if i had the two subs wired to that it would yield 150w rms per sub? or would it be 300w per sub?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 655
That would be 150w per sub.

If you're going to use that Punch 55.2, PLEASE do NOT use the gain as volume control. You will clip the he!l out of those subs and blow them. Set the gain properly and wait until you can afford a bigger amp.

As for upgrading to a larger amplifier, I wouldn't go with the 300.1. Go with more power.

Some suggestions:
- Phoenix Gold X600.1
- Kicker ZX750.1
- Digital Designs MB2
- Infinity 611A

If you would like more, just say so. I believe those all do rated power at 2 ohm, if not I'm sorry :-)

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 632
Ya, you need a 2 ohm stable amp. I still have that DD MB2 I tested. Was going to use a few f them, but changed my mind. $260 shipped and it is yours.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Post Number: 7
Thanks guys, very helpful.

well looks like ill be looking for another set of recommendations.....manual says 200w rms with a ported box, 300w is for a sealed box.....so do you guys know of any other good ones?

Bronze Member
Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 18
If you want a great quality amp with plenty of umpf to get the SQ or SPL your looking for then I highly recomend a Zed Audio Minilith. 229 bucks for this kind of quality is very hard to beat. I have owned many amps in my life and the best I've ever owned has always been Zed or one made by Zed for others. I have never been disappointed and don't think you will be either.
Check them out:
http://www.zedaudio.com/products.html

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1277
Kyle, here's another solid amp for those subs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRND-NEW-JBL-GTO601-1-II-SUB-AMP-600WATTS-424-WATTS-RMS_W0QQ itemZ330116437923QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Pervie_pal

Post Number: 4
Hey when u decide on a amp get a volt meter set it to read ac power put leads to volt meter to your amp - to - + to + take the higset number u get with your volum at higest level multaply that number with its self. say u get 33 then go 33x33 ok thak the number u get and divide that by 2 that will be your rms watts that amp puts out.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2407
^^^^ That's complete BS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us