Audiobahn Amp ... Protection Light ... Help Needed

Username: Dk2000

Post Number: 1
I have an Audiobahn A8000T. Yesterday on the ride home, my sub cut out. No pop, no warning.

Doing some investigating today, the protection light will go off when I remove the RCAs. Either left or right RCA will put it into protection mode.

I'm about to go out and test with an MP3 Player with 1/4 inch to RCA.

Any other suggestions? This sudden cut out has me baffled. It's been working fine for almost 3 years.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 620
Well, you got 3 years out of an A-bahn amp, you did pretty good grasshopper. May need to look at another amp.

Kevin

Post Number: 2
lol, yeah, all things considered, 3 years isn't bad... I'm gonna check a few more things...

A new system will have to wait till I get a new car... the 93 dakota it's in is finally falling apart!

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 553
lol.. my bro had that 2400 legacy class d amp and ha dit for about 2 weeks of use then tok it out of teh car and hooked it up and sam eexact problem liek the light owuld be on then u plug teh rca's in and liek the subs woudl do soem wierd a.s sh.t and it woudl go into protect..

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 843
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2108
^^^^^

As usual, Sinful's clip art pretty much says it all, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6194
Complete your test with the portable cd player. Double check your level/gain setting on the amp.

Post Number: 3
Good news... even though the inline fuse on the power line looked good, I swapped it out and the system works fine.

I still to this day cant see a problem with the old fuse.

So for all the haters, I get more life out of my Audiobahn :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us