Need a 1000watt amp for tcsounds sub

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 68
I'm stuck between the Phoenix Gold RSD1200.1, or the Alpine MRD-M1005 to power my new tcsounds OEM tc10 ( http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1013) ... which is a better buy? Also, will I need to upgrade my electrical system with either amp...? Its going in a 2002 WRX.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1205
Does your WRX have a stock 105A alt? If so, probably no upgrade needed. Use at least 4awg wire. Btw...alpine takes it. That PG is soooo hideous!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4554
Alpine or kicker zx 750.1

PG isn't bad and will do rated power, but you need 800w rms in order to keep your stock charging system. I know you can set the gain lower and all that stuff, but, you'll spend like 350$ PG and that's not cool

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 451
US AMPS XT-2000D

I have the XT-4000D powering (2) TC Sounds subs and the thing rocks like you wouldn't believe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Yeah I'm leaning more towards the alpine. I used to own one of the MRD -m605, and I realy enjoyed it. My last amp was a PG xenon which was nice as well, but Im not too into the styling of the new rsd line. Also, the alpine is alot smaller than the PG... might make for a nicer install.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1213
Andy, did you get a single or a dual 4ohm voice coil sub? The alpine does 700W at 4ohm and 1000W at 2ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
its a dual 4ohm

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1214
Awesome, I'd take the alpine for it or a kicker zx1000.1. Can you do me a favor and post some reviews of that sub when you get it installed? I saw their sale on it earlier and was curious. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 641
Those are very nice looking drivers, do the favor for me too!! :-)

Alpine would be great, also, look into DD's MB2.

If your interested, contact Kevin @ Low-Hz and he'll be able to hook up you with an incredible deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Well I can tell you right now that for just slapping it in a sealed enclosure with only 4 screws and 600 watts of power and not even broken in yet... it sounded perdy damn nice haha. With all those factors it still managed to sound pretty acurate and pretty loud... I've tried my old JL in a sealed enclosure before and from what I remembered, it didnt sound as good as this did.

Right now I'm in the process of making .5cuft sealed enclosure outa fiberglass.. so once I'm done with that and have my new amp I can give a better review. Till then here are a couple pics..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
I'ma try and get some pics of my "work in progress" for the enclosure.. haha, looks kinda goofy but when its done it should be kool.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1218
Sub looks good...TC doesn't really make any bad subs. I'm still waiting for my box to put in 2 TC-1000s.

Username: Sundownz

Mooresville, NC USA

Post Number: 5
Those "little things" are pretty sweet looking woofers. I picked up a few to test myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us