Setting gain with dmm

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 81
for this site

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

for my rockford fosegate p6002 its 300rms @ 2ohms so would i put 300 or should i put the 600 peak watts. and also should i got by the birth sheet it says its doin 362rms @ 2ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4161
just go off the posted spec. if it says 300wrms @ 2ohm go off that. never by peak, peak means nothing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
but should i got by the birth sheet the CEA sheet?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4162
i'd wait for others to give advise as i'm not the smartest here but i never have and had no problems with mine. always went by posted specs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
and also im lowpassing my amp at 80hz so when i use the dmm what test tone should i use? 80?

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1147
I have a question!!! Why don't those instruction incorporate the pre-amp voltage of the HU's output??? Or is that already accounted for once the amp receives the signal??

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 961
No dont go by birth sheet go by the specs rms better to have it lower then 2 high

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 110
and dont go by the low pass number go with something lower as the cossover may still be effecting the ouput near the low-pass and high-pass numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1416
i would say go by what the rms specs say, even though it does say you will be doing 362 at 2 ohms.

what i would do is set the gain in about the middle of your usable frequencies, 20hz-80hz, which would be about 50hz. so, use a 50 hz test tone. that is simply how i do it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us