WTF KIcker

Username: Greg1979

Wisconsin

Post Number: 10
I have had 2 kicker 350.4 kicker amps go bad since febuary!! The first amp kx350.4 crackled out and quit. Kicker replaced that amp with a zx 350.4 and saturday That amp actually burnt up inside. I have installed a lot of amps and have never had 1 go bad in 10years, now 2 since febuary. I have tested alll wires going to that amp, and tested speaker resistance, all checked out ok. Is there any thing else I can chesk to ensure that my wiring is good.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 924
Hmmm... those amps are generally bullet-proof. Did Kicker tell you anything as to what may have happened? Why didn't the fuses blow first? Have you installed amps in this particular car before? What speakers is the amp driving?

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1006
How did you have them wired? What size wire? Gains? Friend had that amp and it only crapped out when he got into an accident and his box slammed into the amp at 50mph.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4512
^^^^^^ that happened to my vibe 1800d. A SUV crashed in my back.

Bronze Member
Username: Da_jay_man06

Crestview, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 14
my zx1000.1 set a set of polk audio db12s on fire kicker amps rock

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1037
stop postwhoring, justin!

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 11
Ok Brad I am running kicker ks65.2 components and km620 coax speaker, recomended by kicker for this amp. Also these are the only 2 amps i have put in this car. OH I installed a sony while i was waiting for the first amp to come back.

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 12
oleg, I am running 4awg stinger HPM series wiring. Both gains were at less than half.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2198
^That means nothing lol...you had your gains improperly set,I'm sure.You're supposed to match the gain to your HU and not just set it at "less than half".

Gold Member

Post Number: 2199
I also have a 350.4 and I believe the gain is at 15.5 volts.I can't exactly remember though.That amp is rated at 60x4@4 Ohms right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2203
I just went out and tested my amp on the clock to my displeasure.My right channel isn't putting out equal power as my left channel,something is wrong,they share the same gain as well.I also flipped the RCA cables around to see if that would do anything and nope.The left channel is putting out 15.5(What I set the gain to) and the right channel is putting out 12.1.Something is fugged with the amp also it's a 4 channel amp and "amp 2" has something that sounds like crazy alt whine coming out of it when I plug the RCAs into that input but it doesn't happen through "Amp 1" or channels 1 and 2.Looks like I'll have to send my 350.4 in as well :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 2209
Ahh..I found out that if I don't have "Amp 1" hooked up then "Amp 2" will produce an odd and non-desired sound.So that's fine as far as the amp goes but the amp is still messed up as far as channels 1 and 2 not putting out the same voltage.Just spoke with Kicker's tech :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2674
Did you use a mono test signal before testing the voltages? Polo..

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 13
Rob How do I know where to set the gains.....I dont want another burnt amp??

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2688
A stereo signal naturally by nature is unbalanced this is how you get the stereo effect. This is why Iask if you guys used a mono test signal and/or set you HU to mono before testing. Also by saying uneven by how much? Just by electronic tolerences there is probably going to be a slight difference as well. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us