Hifonics BXi 1206D

Bronze Member
Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 41
i just ordered a 12 fi ssd with a flatwind coil and was wondering if this ould be a sutable amp for it, it is slighty over powered but people seem to say hifonics is slightly overrated. i also have 4 guage power wire and do not plan on upgrading.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1492
Set the gain correct and you will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1804
That amp will do about 900 watts (set the gain to that), should be just right for an SSD, especially with flatwind.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 249
The amp will push that sub real nice...I have a 1206 on 2 SD2.5...You will be satisfied with the amp..with out elec up grades you should get 1000 watts out of it..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
malik, is the bass boost on the amp variable or is it just an on off switch, also do you have any gripes about the amp?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1884
^^^^ You shouldn't be using bass boost at the amp anyways. All signal adjustment should be done at the HU.

People don't call BB the "woofer cooker" knob for nothing......

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1060
I was at the comp the other day and the only person whose amp crapped out was the one with the bxi2006D. Others were running memphis 4kw, DD Z2, us amps ax-de2000 (i think?). I just saw this first hand and wanted to give you an idea of what else's out there - is budget the problem? I'm sure there's something reasonably priced out there for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 67
i just got two audioque 12'' SD2.5s, im makin a box, 4.25 cubes tuned@ 38hz. powered by rockford fosgate p6002 1200 watts goin to them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
oleg, budget isnt really a problem right now, i just dont want to spend alot of money. i know that is hard to do if i want quality components but im just looking around and ive heard people saying hifonics is good. overrated but good for the price. im getting a ssd 12 with flatwind so i think it will handle around 1000rms. are there any recommendations from anyone for hopefully under 300? thanks

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1916
Hifoics are good for the price. If you're on a tight budget, go ahead and get the 1206d.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 498
word to the wise......don't bother hooking up the remote bass or gain knob or w/e the hell it is, it only mess up ur stuff. I ended blowing a nice premier 3002spl on this amp bc the gain was too high....just dont even bother

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 499
but awesome starter amp by the way, it defly gets the job done

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4523
for 300$ you can afford a memphis prd 1000.1

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4859
same sub/amp as me...except yuoll probably have it installed before me lol...and yea, it will be fine, 2-3 other people have the exact same setup on here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
ok, im ordering tonight, im excited, this will def be a step up from my kicker comp/poweracoustik ocv-520...

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1095
No doubt about it, def step up. But I REALLY think you should consider julio's advice - memphis is better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
well, i have searched around for that sub that he recommended but i can only find it on ebay.. im not much into ebay for car audio... yet anyways.. do you know anywhere for me to get it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
amp... haha sorry

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1097
You just actually need to find a seller whose feedback rating is high. I've never had a problem buying on eBay in terms of not getting stuff or getting something that's broken. This includes 6 amps, 6 subs, cd player, wiring, and cd changer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMPHIS-AUDIO-16-PRD1000-1-2000-WATT-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER_W0QQ itemZ270112347511QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

howd that be???

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1102
It's a refurbished amp and a lot of ppl say it's almost as good as new. The seller looks reliable with the 99.1% positive feeback. I'd go for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
and it would still be cool with my 4 guage wiring??

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1104
Yes, it should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 303
Don't get turned away from Hifonics! The Hifonics amp is new, inexpensive, and will be plenty of power for you. There's no use for you to spend more money to get that refurbished Memphis.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1105
I disagree, but it won't be a huge difference either way.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1946
Memphis > Hifonics

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX750-1-ZX-MONO-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIER-AMP-750W-NEW_W0QQit emZ120111323966QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64570QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its not quite as powerful, but right in my price range and i know kicker is a solid amp, what do you guys think

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1108
Yep, that amp will be perfect for your sub. Be sure to get dual 10hm version to use with that amp, not dual 2ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-06-Kicker-Mono-Amplifier-ZX750-1-Car-Audio-Amp-750_W0QQi temZ110118092822QQihZ001QQcategoryZ64570QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whats the deal with this one? whys it cheaper and new instead of refurb like the other one. or is it just a better deal?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1116
I think the first one is the '07 model and the 2nd is the '06. Don't really think there's any difference between the two.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
cool. just ordered the second one... i cant wait... thanks oleg for all your help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
goodness ive spent alot of money these past two days, at least for me anyways.. one two subs and two amps. i wonder which setup i will enjoy more.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1119
You just ordered the second zx750.1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
no, i ordered a zx750.1 today for my ssd and i got a nine.2x yesterday along with a 13Ov.2

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1121
you're going to have an SSD with and eD in one car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
nonononono, two cars

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1122
is the nine.2x gonna power the 13Ov.2?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
thats the plan

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1124
i think ssd + zx combo will beat that aaaa$$$$$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
i excoted and i hope i will enjoy it.. it will be in my daily driver. geez i keep gettin an admin error i cant figure out why.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
the 13Ov.2 will most likely go in a 1.5cu ft sealed box. on the eD site it calls for .8 to 1.3. is it not gonna be good for it if its in that 1.5cu ft box?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1128
not sure about the eD subs actually, can't imagine it'll be terrible though.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 813
The ED Ov2 series is very good. I am waiting to check out their new A series. JMO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
i thought the A series is out already, i think ive seen videos on roe before...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
i fed up and ordered a dual 2 ssd... the kicker zx750.1 sais nothing about running at 1 Ohm.. am i gonna have to run it at 4 ohms for only half the power??:-( im screwed

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1191
why did you do that? don't expect much bump out of it at 4ohm...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
yeah im really not sure what happened. i ended up getting a dual 2 ssd and a dual 4 eD.. it should have been the other way around

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4546
oh god!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
yeah i know.. i planned on getting a dual 4 ssd for my car and a dual 2 eD for my HT sub. however i guess i totally screwed up and ordered the subs viseversa... i guess i will just use the eD in my car and the ssd for my HT sub untill i figure something else out...

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1199
Just swap the amps and you'll be fine - use kx750.1 for the eD, should be good. What amp are you using for the SSD then? BTW, you can't get a dual 4 SSD, it's only dual 1 or dual 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
yeah i got a dual 2 ssd.. sorry im all screwed up and flustered.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
well i changed my mind earlier from putting both subs along with amps into two different cars and instead i cancelled my order for the NINe.2x and ordered a Dayton plate amp for a HT sub. i was orrigianlly gonna use the eD for that but now i think i am just gonna use the ssd for my HT sub.. i think everything will work out fine. just not how i orrigianlly planned
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us