Will This Sound good ?

Bronze Member
Username: Joelrobichaud360

Bouctouche, New-Brunswick

Post Number: 11
2 10"Kenwood subs http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NbrHAqo1dhu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113W2510 With this amp ???? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KICKER-KX400-1-ZX400-1-CAR-CLASS-D-MONO-AMP-AMPLI FIER_W0QQitemZ140108807542QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38638QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 211
i would not recommend Kenwood subs, what is your budget? but u did pick a good amp.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1734
No, kenwood subs are not very good. What's you budget? If you can go $50 more, one Audioque SD2.5 would be better than those two kenwoods. And a little bigger amp would be good for the SD2.5, 500-800 watts I think would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary.

Bronze Member
Username: Joelrobichaud360

Bouctouche, New-Brunswick

Post Number: 12
Well i already have the subs !! ..so i was just wondering if it was a good amp for thoses subs ??

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 272
Joel, get this. you will be much more happy with it. It will push these subs a little better, plus the ZX series is an upgrade from the KX series. I would recommend this amp 110%

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4059
get what? what amp you talking about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
oops the link didnt show up. Let me try again

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-ZX450-2-2006-Car-Amp-2-Channel-ZX-Multi-450W_W0QQitem Z110117251619QQihZ001QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1737
Oh well if you already have the subs, the yes the amp you posted would be good.

Don't get that amp that john posted, it's a 2 channel amp. It would work, but class D amps are preferred for driving subwoofers as they have higher efficiency. (the amp that You posted is class D)

Also, take a look at the seller's name and email in that listing and you'll see why he recommended you buy that

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4060
but would that work? he has 2 single vc 4ohm subs which i believe would be wired to either a 2 or 8 ohm load, and that amp is 4ohm stable bridged. and running them each off their own channel would have them at 4ohm which means he would probably get more power from the amp he has picked out. if the auction is in fact for a zx400.1 (listing is kinda cunfusing, i'd call them before bidding). i mean i could be wrong though.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4061
and i saw that too m.s. good try to push a sale on someone john.

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
yea im selling that amp and for $125.00 your not gonna beat it. Im not pushing a sale one someone. I used this amp to push 2 kicker comps and 2 alpine type R's, and it was extremely sufficent at just under 500watts, as compared to the 400.1 amp, which is less wattage and it will be the same bridged than a mono, I was faced with your decision back when i bought this amp and i chose this amp for a reason, ctmike and M.S. obviously have no experience with this amp, they just enjoy trying to put my amp down even though its obviously better than the 400.1, until you have tried this amp then please.. you have no room to criticise. I paid $225.00 + 30.00 shipping for this amp, and its basically brande new. For $125.00 + shipping your not gonna find a better deal........

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
the zx400.1 is:
200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)

the zx450.2 is:
225 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (450 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)

you do the math.. exactly, more bang for less buck, thanks.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4063
yes but the zx400.1 will do 400wrms+ at 2ohms.

your amp will do 450wrms+ at 4ohms bridged. is it even able to run at 2ohm bridged? he will need to run those subs at 2ohms. not 4ohms.

so unless your amp is able to be bridged and run at 2ohms' then no, your amp will not be better than the one he posted. and even if he runs a sub off each channel he'll still only see close to 200wrms, while with the amp he posted he'll see a little over 200wrms to each amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
My amp is able to run at 2 ohms bridged but that is irrelevant to Joels sub because they are 4 ohms each, meaning they need an amp that can handle a 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load, not a 2 ohm load. My amp is able to handle a 4 ohm load, i have had 2 sets of subs hooked to it at 4 ohms and its flawless. This amp will put close to 225rms watts to each sub at the 4 ohm load... please do some research before you fail to try to prove me wrong when it comes to this amp and many amps like this that i've owned before.

Joel you will be better off with this amp (zx450.2), its what you need at a 4ohm load, plus its more power than the zx400.1 amp. ctmike is clueless as to whats going on, its apparent that hes never worked with kicker amps in his life.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
"yes but the zx400.1 will do 400wrms+ at 2ohms. "
ctmike, you are flatout wrong, this amp is 1 ohm stable and cannont handle a 2 ohm load. Please do some reading before you give this kid false information and try to screw him over. My friend bought a 2 ohm stable amp, and bought 4 ohm subs over the weekend, he has to return them next weekend because some idiot told him to get 4ohm instead of 2 ohm. Since his amp is 2 ohm, his subs need to be 2ohm... if this is confusing joel, just read this..

2x 4 Ohm Subs [Need: 1ohm stable amp or 4ohm stable amp]

2x 2 Ohm Subs [Need: 2ohm stable amp]

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4065
first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable.

second, up there^^ where you have the loads needed for dual sub setups, looks like you are completely right. but you are forgetting he posted a link for SVC SUBS NOT DVC SUBS. that changes the way you'd wire them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
"first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable. "

that is just wrong.. It all depends on the amp. ZX1000.1 is 1 ohm stable and sx900.2 runs at 2 ohms stable and 4 ohms bridged. It all depends, please read before you continue to post completely false statments..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4066
yeah, your right. i don't know what i was thinking. the zx line is the 1ohm stable line and i guess the sx line must be 2ohm stable line. damn, i'm so stupid. you have proven your point correctly.

but have you checked the kicker site? what does that say?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1749
The 400.1 says 400 watts at 2 ohms. He has two SVC 4 ohm subs; wire them in parallel for 2 ohms total. I fail to see the problem.......

And it doesn't matter if the other amp does 50 watts more, that's not enough to hear a difference. What it will do is draw more current since it's class AB.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4067
are you meaning me m.s.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
no hes meaning me, i didnt know they were SVC until now, you will need a 2ohm stable amp, and the amp output [either 1 ohm, 2 ohm, or 4 ohm] is irrelevant to which series, the sx,zx,kx. They are just different models within kicker and within those models are different amp outputs. You just have to look it up when your looking.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1750
Oh wait, no. I misread something you wrote. You can disregard the first part of my last post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
oh yea the zx400.1 is 1 ohm stable, and the zx450.2 is 4 ohms stable. the only difference is 50 more watts and a different wiring configuration..

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4460
john, please do not argue with ct mike.. i know why i'm talking

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
im glad you know why your talking. Thats a pleasant start. If you and ct mike have something that extends beyond this ecoustics forum, lets just keep that under wraps.. Im arguing with ct mike when he says..
"first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable."
"yes but the zx400.1 will do 400wrms+ at 2ohms. "

and about every other comment he had. If you try to tell me that the zx line from kicker is strictly 2 ohm stable, than im gonna argue and tell you your flatout wrong, because i have owned a zx amp which is at 4 ohms stable and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable... juliob i have nothing against ctmike, im just going to try to educate his misconceptions so Joel doesnt buy the wrong amp and come back as disappointed as i've seen some get.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4068
where in any of these listings does it say the zx400.1 is 1ohm stable?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17031

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1331439/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2853_Kicker+KX400.1.html - in fact doesn't this description even say it's not 1ohm stable?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06ZX4001

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20ZX400%20750-1% 20b01%20WEB.pdf - kicker manual for the 400.1, can't find where it says it's 1ohm stable. and isn't this want you wrote to me about this amp?
"ctmike, you are flatout wrong, this amp is 1 ohm stable and cannont handle a 2 ohm load. Please do some reading before you give this kid false information and try to screw him over" maybe if YOU were to read it, bottom of the 2nd page under wiring, does it not say the minimum impendance on the zx mono amps is 2ohms?

so it looks to me you should just shut the fuc_k up if you yourself can not read it for yourself.

"please do some research before you fail to try to prove me wrong when it comes to this amp and many amps like this that i've owned before."

haha, do yourself some research.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
[200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms]; so i got confused on that 1, i googled "zx400.1 ohm stable" and if you look the first or second one says (1 ohm stable) in the description of the link. Shame on me, i should of opened it and read that it said keyword: NOT. Oh well, bite me. The fact that you said:

"first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable."

Just shows your inexperience and flat out ignorance in this field of amplifiers..

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1766
^^^ lol at this..... mike is one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum, he made a mistake and corrected it. Big deal.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4071
um, as far as mono amps go the sx 1250.1 is 1ohm stable, the 650.1 is 2ohm stable.

manual for the zx300.1:
http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20ZX300-1%20c01% 20WEB%20English.pdf
again, at the bottom of the first page is says the minimum impedence is 2ohm

manual for the zx400.1 and 750.1:
http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20ZX400%20750-1% 20b01%20WEB.pdf
again, at the bottom of the page it says the same, the zx amplifiers are capable at a mimimum of a 2ohm impendence.

manual for the zx1000.1, 1500.1, and 2500.1:
http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20ZX400%20750-1% 20b01%20WEB.pdf
again, says the same, capable of a minimum impendence load of 2ohm.

kx1200.1, 1ohm stable:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1503763/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

oh, so i guess i was wrong on what, a few of them. big fuc_king deal. wasn't wrong on the one the original poster had asked about as you were.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4072
very true ms, was wrong on posting that ALL sx line was 1ohm stable and the same as the kx line, just used to only referring of them since most people here only talk/ask for them. and as for john, please shu_t the fuc_k up, you have no idea what you are talking about. first you try to push your amp to the original poster, second you post the wrong wiring setups for him and tell me i'm wrong and trying to screw him over?

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
ctmike i have already prooved my point, your best bet would be to eat a bowl of STFU before you make yourself look stupider than you already appear.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4074
and your point being? i already said i messed up for rattling off that ALL the sx and kx line is 1ohm stable. i based that, quickly, off the fact when almost everyone here talks of either the kx1200.1 or the sx1250.1.

"If you try to tell me that the zx line from kicker is strictly 2 ohm stable, than im gonna argue and tell you your flatout wrong, because i have owned a zx amp which is at 4 ohms stable and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable"

so did you click the links for the manual, from kicker, for the zx1000.1? did you read what the minimal impendence load for it is? and i still want to see a listing or manual that says the zx400.1 is 1ohm stable.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4076
"yes but the zx400.1 will do 400wrms+ at 2ohms. " <--me
ctmike, you are flatout wrong, this amp is 1 ohm stable and cannont handle a 2 ohm load.

so a mono amp is 1ohm stable but not stable at 2ohm? never knew that.

"ZX1000.1 is 1 ohm stable and sx900.2 runs at 2 ohms stable and 4 ohms bridged"

zx1000.1 is 2ohm stable.

"oh yea the zx400.1 is 1 ohm stable,"

again, not according to the kicker manual.

"If you try to tell me that the zx line from kicker is strictly 2 ohm stable, than im gonna argue and tell you your flatout wrong, because i have owned a zx amp which is at 4 ohms stable and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable"

again, hahaha. yes you owned a zx that was 4ohm stable. a 2 channel that was 4ohm stable when bridged. and that means what? we are talking about a mono amp. and the zx1000.1, i already explained.

and john, when i said i'm sorry for the messing up part, it wasn't towards you. in no way did you prove anything.

i still want to know what you read in the manual for the zx lineup as to what the minimal impendece load is of the zx mono amps.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4077
"ctmike i have already prooved my point, your best bet would be to eat a bowl of STFU before you make yourself look stupider than you already appear."

please show me how you proved your point, i still don't see it. and IF you do, i will admit that i am "stupider" than you. and is stupider even a word? looks like you are the genius aren't you?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4473
that's why i said do not mess with ctmike. John, you have a lot of goals to achieve Ctmike's position.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4078
still want to know what kicker posts as the minimum impendence for the zx amps i gave links for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
ctmike wow u are still talking.. It amazes me of how much of a life you lack. ~End of THREAD~

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4080
first, your still posting. how much of a life do you lack?

also, wondering what the manual said for the zx amps as far as the minimum load says.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4083
"that is just wrong.. It all depends on the amp. ZX1000.1 is 1 ohm stable and sx900.2 runs at 2 ohms stable and 4 ohms bridged. It all depends, please read before you continue to post completely false statments.."

"the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable"

still waiting to see if the all knowing john has found out if the zx1000.1 is 1ohm stable? have you read the manuals yet? what do they say? and don't say nothing about 2 or 4 channels in the zx line trying to excuse the stupid shi_t you've said since it's obvious this whole thing is about the zx mono amps as posted above.

oh, and where'd you get these specs:
"the zx450.2 is:
225 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (450 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)"

that really does not seem like the specs for your 2 channel amp to me? where'd you get those from?

also, i can easily pull something out that'll prove your stupid so don't make me. just answer, where'd you see the zx1000.1 is 1ohm stable?

all i want is for you to admit your wrong and pretty stupid for posting what you've posted up there. i already stated why i quickly rattled off what i said (at work and basing it off the 2 most common amps mentioned/asked about here). so what is your excuse? and again please stick to the mono amps since that is what this is about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us