Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1465
KX1200.1

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4468
Kx is better for this application.

But SX is digital and very good in other case.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4073
i don't fully understand? you're looking at an amp (kx1200.1) that'll do the power you need at 1ohm and another amp (sx900.2) which you can either have wired bridged for 900wrms @ 4ohm or run each sub off a channel for 450wrms @ 2ohm? so i'm assuming your subs are dual 4ohm vc?

j/w cause in the link for your ebay auction you said you are buying a zx1000.1 for them? what's wrong with the zx1000.1, why not go with it since it does more power than the sx900.2?

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1007
I agree with julio, kx1200.1 takes it b/c it's 1ohm stable. At 4ohms, looks like sx900.2 has more power in bridged mode. ZX1000.1 is not really suitable in this case as it's rated at 500W @ 4ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4510
Also, class D is better for subs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4095
yeah, but john says the zx1000.1 is 1ohm stable.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1015
maybe john was smokin when he said that.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4096
scroll down to the 'will this sound good" thread. only posting this so john will see it.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 314
wow kid lay off it.. i didnt realize the extent of ur immaturity until you continue to bring up an argument that happened last weekend. Whatever makes u feel better about your busted face, then im happy to be your "verbal punching bag"

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
juliob why is class d better for subs. A friend of mine was telling me 2 channel is better. I know that a mono would prolly be my best bet in this situation, but i dont know how to explain it to him in words.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1839
Class D amps are more efficient, meaning they will draw less current from the electrical system than a 2 channel (class AB) amp, to produce the same amount of power.

Their design makes them only suitable for subs though, you couldn't use one to drive main speakers or it would sound like sh!t. Class D amps create a lot of noise/distortion at high frequencies, but they can be used to drive subs since they only need to produce low frequencies.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4098
"wow kid lay off it.. i didnt realize the extent of ur immaturity until you continue to bring up an argument that happened last weekend. Whatever makes u feel better about your busted face, then im happy to be your "verbal punching bag""

the only reason i'm saying this is because you said:
"Please do some reading before you give this kid false information and try to screw him over"

"ZX1000.1 is 1 ohm stable"

"because i have owned a zx amp which is at 4 ohms stable and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable"

"juliob i have nothing against ctmike, im just going to try to educate his misconceptions so Joel doesnt buy the wrong amp and come back as disappointed as i've seen some get."

and this about the zx400.1:
"oh yea the zx400.1 is 1 ohm stable"

and this:
"your best bet would be to eat a bowl of STFU before you make yourself look stupider than you already appear."

so i'm just waiting for you to make me look 'stupider'.

i got nothing against you personally but when you try to call me out as saying i'm completely stupid and giving out bad advice which would screw someone over, especially when you can't see you were completely wrong about your vast experience with the zx amps. and just wondering, when exactly did you realize the zx mono amps weren't 1ohm stable? i mean, for some reason up until that thread when i kept trying to tell you they weren't you were pretty much set on the zx1000.1 amp for your r's. i'm thinking my dumbas_s might have taught you something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4511
John i think you should slow down. You should start reading first sites like:

www.bcae1.com
www.wickedcases.com

When you study that, then please start posting useful info. Remember, you don't know everything, but at least basics is enough. How would an AB be more efficient than D?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1020
Julio, are you really asking that question or giving an example of a question?

Bronze Member
Username: Da_jay_man06

Crestview, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 15
i own a zx1000.1 mine is rated at 1165rms 2ohm stable it says it as soon as i opened the box it is a !!!!BEAST!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
ctmike i bet that took you all night to type.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4114
nope, but still waiting. so is the zx1000.1 1ohm stable or 2ohm? just curious.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
hey ctmike i think theres a big cucumber in your fridge that is begging to be sat on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4514
Oleg i know the answer of that question. I was giving an example.

John, check this out.

The main advantage of a class D amplifier is power efficiency. Because the output pulses have a fixed amplitude, the switching elements (usually MOSFETs, but valves and bipolar transistors were once used) are switched either on or off, rather than operated in linear mode. This means that very little power is dissipated by the transistors except during the very short interval between the on and off states. The wasted power is low because the instantaneous power dissipated in the transistor is the product of voltage and current, and one or the other is almost always close to zero. The lower losses permit the use of a smaller heat sink while the power supply requirements are lessened too.

Class D amplifiers can be controlled by either analog or digital circuits. A digital controller introduces additional distortion called quantisation error caused by its conversion of the input signal to a digital value.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4116
john, please just let me if it's 1 or 2ohm stable. why not just answer the question? i already have proof you were wrong, but yet your to embarrassed to admit it here. so please stop posting bullshi_t and answer the question, that's all.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1505
2ohm stable

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
ctmike.. all zx amps are 2 ohms stable and all sx amps are 1 ohm stable. right? Don't try to press ur ignorance on me when ur the dumbfu_ck that suggests the above statment.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4117
i already said that the kx 1200.1 and sx 1250.1 was the 1ohm stable amp. in the other thread i already said why i hastily wrote that without thinking, and yes i already knew it. and don't try to ignore the fact that the ones' in question is the zx line of mono amps (since were not talking about what a 2 or 4 channel amp does bridged, so don't try to go there). i am merely asking what the zx1000.1 is stable at? didn't think that that's a stupid question. and AGAIN, not talking about the 2 or 4 channels', never were, and not now.

so please just let me know if the zx1000.1 is 1 or 2ohm stable. and exactly when you realized what it is (1 or 2) because i do have proof that very shortly after you kept argueing with me that it's 1ohm stable, you clearly said that it is 2ohm stable and not 1ohm stable. shall i post it now? so since you want to keep trying to say stupid shi_t since it's your retarded as_s that refuses to admit when he's in the wrong and trying to save face, and sound cool, just admit after that thread you were wrong and that maybe what i said about that amp taught you something before you almost bought it to run your 2 r's off of (because in that link to your ebay auction that is what you said you were going to buy).

oh, and i do stand by what i said about the zx amps since we were TALKING ABOUT MONO AMPS. never once did i say anything about what they do bridged (2 and 4 channel amps). never once in that thread did i say anything about other than the mono's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
"john, please understand this, all the zx series amps from kicker are 2 ohm stable, and all the sx series amps from kicker are 1 ohm stable."

zx and sx series extend beyond mono amps. ctmike did you skip school to wait out on my to respond every time so you would have the time to take an hour and a half to make your response. Just wondering, how is life as one who masters the custodial arts for a living?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4118
wait an hour and a half? how long has it been that you responded? little more than that i believe. so it took you over 2 hours to make that response up^^ please find that post in that thread for me.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/348292.html

again, i said why i posted what i did. and your reason for not admiting why you were wrong is what? all it seems like you can do is avoid the question. just admit you were wrong on the mono zx amps, specifically the zx1000.1. that's all everyone makes mistakes. but it seems like you aren't man enough to admit it.

so please, stop making stuff up. find that quoted post in the original thread for me. pretty sad you have to resort to making stuff up.

also, still waiting for you to tell me thank you for telling you the zx1000.1 was 2ohm stable and not 1ohm stable. good thing i let you know that before you bought it for your r's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
lmfao ur full of sh!t, its called school and work, just cuz ur unemployed and sit at ur computer all day waiting for me to respond doesnt mean ur mr. hotshot, so go change ur underwear and if u can keep ur meat out of ur hand everytime my name comes up that i post a comment would be fantastic.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4119
so please, show me in the original thread where i was quoted that post you made up there. why'd you make that up?

also, when did you realize the zx1000.1 was 2 and not 1ohm stable? after that thread i bet.

and it's not called unemployed, called my day off. so why aren't you man enough to admit your mistakes? your childesh enough to try to tell that other poster i was giving him wrong info and was trying to screw him just cause you were mad the amp he had picked was better for his subs then the one you're trying to sell (which wouldn't have worked anyway, so who was trying to screw over who?), tell me you proved your point, etc. but when you are shown as wrong you can't admit it? please, make up some more "posts" that i wrote in that thread so you can make me look "stupider".

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1052
You guys need to cut this out. Someone was wrong, someone got offended...whatever. We're all men here, suck it up and move on. I really hope my post is the last in this thread. Stuff like this is what brings the quality of an educational forum down.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4122
yeah, this will be my last post to. just kinda stupid that john is wrong and doesn't have the ballS to admit it.
john's last post on the zx1000.1 on saturday 21apr.07, 10:17p.m.:

"and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable"
what he then says about the zx1000.1 on sunday 22apr.07, 11:09a.m.:

"The kicker zx1000.1 is as follows:
4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

AS you can see 1 ohm is not listed, meaning its not 1 ohm stable. Hope that helps"
kinda seems like john learned something from me, even though i don't know what i'm talking about. just really irked me he's so immature that he can try to talk shi_t on a person even though that same person taught him a little something about the amp he almost bought for his r's, which in actuality saved him some money from buying an amp that wouldn't properly power them since he'd only be able to run it at 4ohms. that and he said
"Please do some reading before you give this kid false information and try to screw him over"

cause i never have said i know everything or that i'm even the smartest person here. but i would never purposely try to screw someone over. i posted the original posters' suggested amp as better then the one he was selling for his application and it went from there. no name calling nothing until he started. and this:
"ctmike is clueless as to whats going on, its apparent that hes never worked with kicker amps in his life"

i had my first kicker amp probably when he was like between 6-8 years old.

and i'll always think this is funny, and fucked, cause it shows he, not me, was trying to mislead the original poster into buying his amp since he 1)purposely posted the wrong specs on his own amp, or 2)doesn't even know the specs on his amp.

"the zx450.2 is:
225 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (450 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)"

but that is it. so unless john comes back with more stupid, immature things to say (and made up posts, which is really sad) i'm done. as i've said before to him, i have nothing against him personally. this is more about what he has posted, made up, and said about me.

-----------------END OF THREAD-------------------

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
Are you aware of how many people dont read or give a flying fu*k what you write, you have already expressed your immaturity beyond a reasonable doubt, and for you to drag this on as long as you have is just childish.. I hope you learned that you are worth no more than the sh!t i took this morning, and you will never make anything of yourself. You will remain unemployed and an ignorant son of a b****. You are the kind of person who has no buisness being in america, and quite frankly, if you fell over and died tomorrow, i wouldnt think twice. Good day all.

----------END OF THREAD (this time fo real)----------

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4124
still wrong and childesh i see. can't admit when wrong and get pissed about it, sad really. but this will be the last i post ever to you/your threads as you have shown you are not mature enough to even talk to. but why did you say the zx10000.1 is 1ohm stable but then the next day told me it's not? hmmmm, looks like you got taught something didn't you?? and no, i don't think i'm placing a bid on your amp:-)

so please just stop posting in this thread, i'll start a new one for you if you need one.

----------------END OF THREAD--------------------

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
exactly ctmike, unemployed for life, thx

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4125
PLEASE, stop with trying to come up with stupid things to say. day off does not equal unemplyed. you'll learn that when you get old enough to get a job. but since you keep posting, why do you now say the zx1000.1 is not 1ohm stable?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1058
Just because you guys keep typing END OF THREAD doesn't mean anything. Can we just stop BSing on the forum since no one's helping anyone here? If you feel like continuing, IM each other from dusk till dawn.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4127
i'm up for that^^^ why not pm me john and then you can tell me more how i'm unemployed and why you say the zx1000.1 is not 1ohm stable? just click my name and pm me. so end of thread for real this time for me (pretty sure john will type some stupid comment though)

just pm me if you do have something to say john. let's get back to the thread/forum.

and for your original question, kx1200.1 is alot better for the subs. i had the same setup and was pleased with it for awhile.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
A day off, hah!

"you'll learn that when you get old enough to get a job"
- lmfao ur full of sh!t, its called school and work, just cuz ur unemployed and sit at ur computer all day waiting for me to respond doesnt mean ur mr. hotshot, so go change ur underwear and if u can keep ur meat out of ur hand everytime my name comes up that i post a comment would be fantastic.

"PLEASE, stop with trying to come up with stupid things to say"

Truth hurts, mcdonalds fire you cuz u burned the fries?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1886
LOL at this thread

mike, you really should stop this thread, you're letting this John guy raise his post count, lol. It might cause other people to think he knows stuff.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
HAHAHA M.S. ur a funny guy did u think of that one on your own?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1066
^^^^M.S. and I are raising the post count by mediating! lol Yeah ctmike, you need to not let stuff get to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us