Replacement Bass Knob

Username: Christogq

Post Number: 8
I have a Planet Audio 1250 and I want to get a bass knob for it. Is there any kind out there that will work instead of the one I can get from Planet Audio?

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 73
why dont you want one from Planet Audio? im not sure if different brand bass knobs work on different amps....i cant really see why it wouldnt work unless your amp wont read the knob.

Post Number: 9
cause they told me like 90 bucks for just the knob

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 704
Why would you want one anyway? I would not use them becaue they cause more problems than you gain in sound. They are useless especially for $90. I would just set the amp right to begin with and forget about the knob. Just make the Bass Boost adjustments on the amp itself. JMO

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 78
^
sounds like a good idea to me, ask around they are known to cause problems and its not like its too much trouble to control the bass off your deck, unless youre really lazy.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 706
You should control the bass on your amp, once again correcting info from ivan jacobs.. Turning the bass up on the HU will lessen the volume potential of the HU because it(your interior speakes and the signal going to them) will now distort at a lower volume. You should have bass set at nothing or maybee one step up from nothing on the HU. The amp should be giving you your "Low-Pass" frequencies and you turn up the bass boost on the amp to get more bass. JMO

Man where is GW and Chad Lee when you need em....

Post Number: 10
When I had my old Rockford Fosgate amp, the bass knob was a must have for the amp to perform to it's full potential. I'm not gonna use the bass knob to adjust anything. I just want to plug it in unless it does not make the sound any different.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 723
Its your decision but I don't think you can mix brands so the $90 you might have to spend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us