? when hooking amp to coaxial speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 476
ok theres a switch on most amp that say full for like if u want bass or half bass and then al sound and i was wondering cuz i hooked up a pair of friends speakers to an amp cuz hes liek i will get more sound outa em, so i was like w/e ill try iy, and then ddi and like not half as much sound come out as much a they did when they were hooked up to teh stock wires.. so do u have to hook them to teh wires from the HU and to the amp?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 485
BUMP

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 495
BUMP

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 35
ok michael, theres a few things u need to know:-

1) the amp will have something called a low pass filter, this is for subs, it will amplify bass.
2) it will have a high pass filter, this is for the higher frequencies like a voice or trebble.
3) not too sure what it would mean by full though.

but anyway, what u need to do is adjust the settings on the amp according to the type of speaker ur connecting it to, however u can't have both a sub and say 6*9 connected to the same amp as this would be pointless.

if you want let us know what kinda speakers/subs they are for further help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
oh yeh and u can connect them to the standard connections that are already in the car, i did this myslef and the sounds were sweet, almost didn't get a sub and that cos it sounded so good

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 506
walne.. no i know not to hook a sub up to teh same amp as teh speakers cuz it would blow teh speakers, but liek on my friends amp is sais full and thats for all bass for a sub, and then it has low pass, and high pass, well yea i was just waondering if when you hook the amp to the speakers do u just hook it to the speakers and leave the speakers hooked ot teh stock wiring or do u unhook the stock wiring and run new wires from speaker to amp?but you said the low pass filter was for teh sub well i aint exactly sure but i think that on this lanzar amp he has it isnt the full is for teh bass for teh sub. i could be wrong though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
u don't need to keep them on the standard connections just connect them directly to the amp, and put the amp on high pass filter. now what you should do if your not sure which one is the high pass filter just put the system low and toggle it thru all the three options and leave it on the one that gives out the loudest sound, u'l know what i mean when u hear it

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 509
walne thanx for info yea i know what you mean thanx guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us