Best amp for type r's

Username: Tthaprince

Post Number: 1
Alright guys Im kinda new to this car audio stuff and I want a system that THUMPS my budget really isn't very much but I knew a kid that had two alpine type R's once and they knocked. Im gettin two of those and I was wondering what amp would power them both good for around 250-300 dollars. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1620
depends on if they are dual 2 or dual 4ohm VC. but if they are Dual 4 then the 2500d would match them nice. Alot of ppl run that set up, u can usually get a used 2500d for like 350-400. A lil over ur budget but well worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 200
i'm running a hifonics bxi2006d...so far no problems. but if u have the money get the orion 2500d.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 940
Kicker CVRs are a bit cheaper than type Rs, but sound really good. If you go ported with the right box and a good amp, you'll be very happy.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 212
Nah, stick with the R's, CVR would be downgrading from the Type R's, I sold my CVR to upgrade to R's. U should get a ZX1000.1 if ur subs are 4 ohm, which requires a 1 ohm stable amp

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4026
don't listen to that^^ kicker zx1000.1 is 2OHM stable and you can't run a pair of dual 4ohm vc subs at 2ohm. look for a 1ohm stable amp that'll do 1000-1500wrms. just go for a nine.1 for about $330 from ed, it'll push them nicely.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 945
Orion HCCA-D2400, $310 shipped on eBay - 1200W RMS at 1ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
oops i had that backwards, its the kx1200.1 thats 1 ohm stable, or the sx1250.1, or the zx1500.1. Either way, get Kicker. Talk to anyone whose ever had a kicker amp and they will tell you the same thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
first off.. what ohm version are your subs? 2 or 4? that will eliminate half the controversey.

Post Number: 2
Whats up guys thanks for all the help like I said Im new to car audio and Im not really sure about wiring and all that so which version of the type rs should i get to get them down to a 1 ohm load? I think I am going to get the kicker kx1200.1 amp which puts out 1200 watts continous power at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4435
^^^^ DVC 4 ohm you need

Post Number: 3
Thanks for everybodys help Im sure there will be more questions.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 546
$250 shipped will get you a Massive Audio P1000.1 from me.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us