Fuse holder mEltdown!!

Bronze Member
Username: Boxy_brown

Post Number: 94
my 250a fuse and fuse holder melted, i dont know if the fuse blew or not but i checked undet the hood and the side that the wire came from my battery to the fuse melted the other stide seemd to be ok. should i just get a new fuse and holder or is somthing need to be fixed be for i do?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6118
There's no way you will blow a 250A fuse in your car with your amp. Most likely, you had a short somewhere.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
i have the mdc 2500 memphis audio if i had a short where whould i look for it

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1618
get a test light and go to work. check the power wire. sounds to me like the plastic on teh fuse block jus melted, but the fuse dint blow, im not exactly sure wat coulda caused it.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 438
same thing happened to me test both sides of fuse n' see if power is goin thru then replace inline fuse holder recrimp wires n' u should be good. my only guess

Bronze Member
Username: Jmh2004

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 96
wat type of fuse is it the glass cylinder, the plastic u shaped type, or the ANL???

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 958
I think the obvious question to ask here is...how big is your wire, Jon??

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2368
^just about to say that....and are your wires very tightly secured... crap connections create LOTS of heat..im guessing that amp does around 1200rms... didnt check the specs but if thats the case 4ga. should be good if its not to long.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
i have 0/1 i thought that was what i needed cus the 250 fuse and no my crimps are very sloppy im going to redo them sometime today

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
i have 0/1 wire i thought that was what i needed oops, yeah my crimps are very sloppy i was going to redo them today

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 70
haha yeah man that would do it...i learned the hard way you cant do a sloppy job. the wires going into your fuse block should be totally covered. stupid little things like that eh? :P

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 708
Those are common sense things to people who know what they are doing. I have never had a fuse pop let alone a melt down. I am sure its the same for lots of others on this forum. JMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us