MA Hk4000D anygood?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2294
http://cgi.ebay.com/MA-AUDIO-HK4000D-4000-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQit emZ270107999532QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that any good? under\over rated? By how much..... 3500rms @2ohm? 13.5V?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1539
No. Bad quality and inefficient. They have the same board as Visonik an Cliff designs amps to give you an idea of the quality.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/MA_HK4000D/

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 250
^^^MS, I disagree.

For the money, it is decent. However, I would not purchase the particular amp you listed above as it is refurbished. If you're going to buy one, get it new.

What subs did you have in mind to push with this amp?

I have this amp on my 2 SX's and I did a 149 on music.

Silver Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 109
I have a buddy who has had his for about 2 years, dumping daily, and a fosgate power is the only amp we've come across that's put out anything even remotely similar in terms of power.

People hear the name MA audio, and automatically say it sucks (more often than not they have no experience with the brand). That amp is good.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1550
Well I guess everyone has their opinion. Mine is that MA, Visonik, and Cliff suck as$.

" I have a buddy who has had his for about 2 years, dumping daily, and a fosgate power is the only amp we've come across that's put out anything even remotely similar in terms of power. "

Umm wow, RF are the only amps you know of that do more than 4000 watts? You obviously don't know much about amps then......

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
"Well I guess everyone has their opinion. Mine is that MA, Visonik, and Cliff suck as$. "

Have you had any personal experience with these brands?

By the way, I think Visonik is out of business and I'm not to sure about Cliff designs either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2297
Thats why i was asking about them..... i never heard anything good about MA but for the money i thought they might of been decent.... Im trying not to go over 1000$ on a set of amps to do me about 3Krms at 13V @2ohm... but so far i think im going much higher then a 1000...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4404
if you need 3k for cheap. Then yeah man, go for it. But i really think MA is bad, why? Because is overrated by a ton. All ratings are at 17V and they're overrated at 14.4V so imagine that lol!

Silver Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 110
MS-
I didn't say it was the only amp I know of.
I said that in everyday life, out of all our homies' setups, we have not found anyone who has a comparable amp.
Very few people do, outside of car audio shops and comps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4408
^^^^ yeah that's true cuz you don't find a 3k+ sistem everyday.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1560
" Have you had any personal experience with these brands? "

Yes, with Visonik, and everything I have seen from them blows. And with Cliff, I am just going by the countless negative things I've heard, and nothing positive.

" if you need 3k for cheap. Then yeah man, go for it. But i really think MA is bad, why? Because is overrated by a ton. All ratings are at 17V and they're overrated at 14.4V so imagine that lol! "

Right on. I haven't seen a bench test, but if I had to venture a guess would say that MA probably does maybe 3000 watts on 14 volts. An American Bass VFL 200.1 does 3000 on 14 volts, has about 100000000% better quality, and I just bought one for less than $100 more than that MA.

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 260
"An American Bass VFL 200.1 does 3000 on 14 volts, has about 100000000% better quality, and I just bought one for less than $100 more than that MA."

What ohm does it do 3000 rms at? does the 100.1 model really do 2000 rms?

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 261
just looked at the specs on a vfl 100.1 says its efficiency is 70% does that mean it'll put out 70% of its rated power rms or whatever?

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
MS, I don't see why you think MA amps have such bad quality. My hk4000d is great(decent amount of power for a low cost). My only complaint would be that its fan is somewhat noisy.

Also, how much did you pay for the VFL 200.1 and where did you get it?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1565
" What ohm does it do 3000 rms at? does the 100.1 model really do 2000 rms? "

3000 watts at 1 ohm is the word on the street. Haven't heard anything about the 100.1, where's that rating from? AB doesn't put official ratings on their competition grade amps, something to do with getting around USACI rules I think.

" just looked at the specs on a vfl 100.1 says its efficiency is 70% does that mean it'll put out 70% of its rated power rms or whatever? "

No. Efficiency is a measure of how much current an amp will draw from the electrical system to produce a certain amount of power. 70% is a good rating for 1 ohm.

" how much did you pay for the VFL 200.1 and where did you get it? "

$515 shipped on caraudio.com, almost new with original packaging, manual, and all. The guy was selling two of them, both used for one day.

" I don't see why you think MA amps have such bad quality. "

As I said before, I have seen way too many problems with MA audio equipment. Haven't ever seen the hk4000 in use, but I would never buy an amp with the same board as Visonik and Cliff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
Do a search on the termpro audio forum for the hk4000d. There will be nothing but positive reviews and the same with the corresponding Visionik amp.

I love how these rumors get started that something is a bad brand and that it should be avoided. MA audio is not DD or US Amps, but they still make decent products.

I guess the bottom line is that you have your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just want Killa or whoever else to make an educated decision.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Killa what subs are you going to be running and what are the VC configs?

You said your amp budget was $1000, correct?

What does your electrical system consist of?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1573
" I guess the bottom line is that you have your opinion and you are entitled to it. "

And you are entitled to yours also so I'll leave it at that.

" You said your amp budget was $1000, correct? "

Holy crap, $1000 for an amp? With that budget, you can get a DD Z1. They do 5000+ watts at 1 ohm on 14.4 volts, and have excellent quality and efficiency. I would easily rank them as one of the best amps out there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
^^^I think he wanted two 3000w amps for $1000 total. Maybe not, I guess he'll have to tell us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2305
I need atleast 6-10K rms..... I have 2 DVC 1ohm DD9515F's i will be running off of it. My Charging system(not yet complete) will consist of a 300A H\O (4) HC2400 in rear and 1 HC1600 under the hood. I will need the 3-5Krms at either .5ohm or 2ohm... 2 of them amps... I dont really think i can find somthing all that good for that money though......

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
That will be a beautiful charging system! If you just use one amp, you can run it at 1ohm. So I'd reccomend an amp that does 6-10k rms at 1ohm. Try hifonics or soundsteam. I'll post more later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4419
two lanzar optidrive 6000d. lol! they cost 900ish. Their 4k model did 4200w rms at 1 ohm 12V, but efficiency is a problem there. More than 500A are needed to reach 4k, but it puts almost 5k. For the budget, is not bad at all.

There's a review about it from a magazine, very good.

C'mon guys, don't be a hater lol!

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
^^^Do the opti6000d's cost $900 apiece? He'll need two of them, which will blow his $1000 budget. Where are you getting your information about the opti4000d?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4430
well.. at least he can afford one. Matt i read that in a magazine, joey desalvo posted the link.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 592
i like memphis, kicker, sundown, rf, orion, and to much to list, but imo, id rather have one of these than a ma audio.

for instance i know a guy with this memphis amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3707

and that thing is baaaad and u aint got to have it at 17volts, it stays cold, and great quality, never had a problem

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1625
" I need atleast 6-10K rms..... "

Two Memphis 4kws for $450 each would fit the bill nicely if Ronnie from deaf squad still has that hookup.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1627
bump this sh!t

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1628
why will this thread not bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
You could use the Hifonics XXV Sampson, although I'm not sure it would meet your budget requirements.

Hifonics 1 Channel XXV Sampson
1 x 5000-Watts....RMS @ 4-Ohms
1 x 6200-Watts....RMS @ 2-Ohms
1 x 8000-Watts....RMS @ 1-Ohm

Gold Member

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2370
thats close to what im looking for but not exact. I plan on running 2ohm loads for the future project when i add the 2 more 9515's so i will give each 5K with amps strapped, also i kinda want a system made up of as much "Non-Mainstream" brands as possible just to get there names out there....I already have a sh2tload a friends that keep askin about DD, they say they never heard of them so there stuff must suck... then i let them hear my system and they change there mind completly... also i would prefer to stay away from Hifonics just because of the overratedness... and that those ratings are probally on 14.5V as well. Ill get back on here with like a diagram of what im trying to do in a few days... its going to be a while before it will come out perfect... box specs are a kinda different story right now tho..need to test around with those more..

the memphis 4k's for 450$ doesnt sound bad tho... Maybe i should try 2 of those first.... i can always sell them used for about 400$ if not more on ebay if they dont work out for me right..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4443
well john.. stick to DD Z1, atomic 5000.1, RD audio,hifonics maxximus,rockford t4000.1bd and who knows....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2081
I looked around for the Hifonics XXV Sampson and I didn't see any for sale on Ebay,which is unusual,I'm not even sure if they're out yet.I also have to agree with MS about the MA audio gear.I have only heard bad things about them,I have always HEARD they are garbage.This is from shops that I know and no,I don't have personal experience with their products,I trust what those shops have told me though.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 716
UploadI had to do it, I haven't used this one in a while!!!!!

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1702
^^^^^

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 725

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 726
^^^"Do a search on the termpro audio forum for the hk4000d. There will be nothing but positive reviews and the same with the corresponding Visionik amp."

Do a search for Pyramid amps and you will find good reviews as well but we all know they suck. Here is one with a 4 star rating...http://www.epinions.com/Pyramid_PB442X_300_Watt_4_Channel_Amplifier_Car_Audio_Am plifier/display_~reviews

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
^^^I said do a search on the termpro audio forum, not just any random BS site. The people on that forum are educated and actually know what they are talking about.

"stay away from Hifonics just because of the overratedness... and that those ratings are probally on 14.5V "

The Hifonics XXV series of amps are actually underated. And most amps I can think of besides some of the DD are rated at 14.x volts; I'm not sure what the XXV's are rated at, but they will damn well do their power.

Killa, are you still trying to stick to $1000 for 6-10k rms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us