Dmm help

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 533
ok this is kinda a stupid question but can some one tell me what to set the dmm to when mesure my voltage from the alterantor. and where would i put the dmm? i dont know how to use it at all.

this is the one i have http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/ProductImages/sk2104.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6112
Don't you have the manual??
Set the dial to the left, the one that says "V" and 2 parallel lines. That's for DC. Set it to 20 cause most cars will be under that volts.
Now connect the black to "common" and red to the hole beside it. The 3rd hole is for measuring current. You really should read the manual.
Now to measure your car's voltage, connect the black to the neg on the battery, red to the pos. If the car's off, it should give you the battery's voltage. If the car's running, it'll show 13.2v - 14.4v. This is the alternator's voltage.
If the bass hits hard and lights dim, then check the voltage. If it's 12.5v or higher, then you're good, if not, you either need to raise the rpm or turn down the volume.

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 534
i lost the manual sorry. that helped out a lot.

now which one would i use to set the gain? same one??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6117
If you want to set the gains using DMM, go to bcae1.com and read. It has step by step instruction. For that you need to set it to the right, AC. Signals are AC not DC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us