Can i bridge?

Bronze Member
Username: Justin_15_07

Manitou Beach, Michigan United States

Post Number: 23
Well first of all i want to know if i got a good deal? i sraight up traded my 2-10" audiobahn 400W subs and a DHD 200+200W amp for 2-12" Diamond Audio D1 500w Dual voice coil 4 ohm subs and a 1200W Sony Xplode amp. The amp is stable at 2 or 4 ohms. When i play the subs for like 1/2 hour they will like stop playin for like 30 seconds and then they'll strat playin. I have the amp bridged right now but i dont know if i am able to?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12111
how do you have it wired??

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1256
sounds like a great trade to me, but if I were you I'd put that sony amp on ebay before you damage it, and put whatever you get out of it toward a good mono amp that will give you 500-700w rms at 1 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Justin_15_07

Manitou Beach, Michigan United States

Post Number: 24
i have it wired at a series/parellel bridged wired and then i hav eit bridged to the amp. Getting a total of a 2 ohm load. i have a 1200 sony explode and im not sure if it is 2 ohm stereo or mono stable. it says 2 or 4 stable.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 878
i'm thinking 2ohm stereo stable and 4ohm mono(bridged operation). you probably want to run the subs in stereo then (1 hooked up to it's own channel)
what's the amp model?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4399
Justin, sell that amp and buy a directed audio 600d or 750d. You will be happy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us