Amp for two diamond D6

Username: Wrc561

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 1
I have two 12" diamond D6 subwoofers. I'm looking for a cheap amp to run them, they are 600W RMS at 4 ohm each and 1200W peak for each. so a total of 1200 RMS at 4 ohm. I've searched and I've found several Lanzar amps, Legacy, an audiobahn, and a few others that are affordable. Could someone help me and point me in the right direction for an affordable amp and what brand names are good? Also, my friend has Digital Audio subs and amps. I can't find any. Anyone know where to get them?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3922
those subs are dual 4ohm so you'll want an amp that'll do 1200wrms at 1ohm, if going cheapest. cheapest, brand new, i can think of is an ed nine.1 which is $320 shipped. you could also check out a hifonics 1606 if wanting cheaper. also check ebay for a kicker 1200.1. but post a budget and it'll help alot.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 573
I thought eD coupon codes dont work anymore ?

Mike's suggestions are excellent.

1. Elemental Designs NINe.1
2. Kicker kx1200.1
3. Hifonics 1606

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3938
coupons don't work (except for the sound deadning). but if you call them you'll get it at 10% off. so i think that works out to about $320-330 shipped, forget exactly what they told me when i almost ordered a pair.

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 3
Would two KENWOOD KAC-9103D amps do the trick?

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 4
or two POWER ACOUSTIK TS1920-2 1920 amps

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3948
neither one of those are the best of quality. kenwood amps would, not sure on the rms of the pa amps, but again there not the best amps could can buy.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 458
budget? bc seriously ^^^ctmikes suggestions are the best you can do for those subs. power acoustiks are overrated

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 5
I'd like to try and stay under $500 if at all possible. If not I'll have to buy them anyway.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3955
like to stay under $500 for an amp? and the ed nine.1 that i suggested for $320-330 brand new is under that. you can also get a sundown saz 1500d for $450 shipped, absolutely great amp. many others also but it seems you wont take any advice given to you since we've already helped you and suggested better amps than the ones you have posted. so just go with the power acustik amps you are thinking about, absolutely fantastic amps.

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 6
Whoa calm down. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone I'm new to all this. I need two of those hifonics amps correct? More than likely I'll end up going with those because a friend has offered two of them for $220 apiece.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3966
so your going to pay $440 for 2 used hifonics amps when you can get better amps, brand new, with full warranty for less money and at most $10 more? wow, you really are taking no advice given here are you? hifonics are good budget amps but why spend more money on budget amps when you can get the same/more power for less money/a little more on better amps? makes no sense at all, but whatever.

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 7
Mike they are both brand new amps. The friend works at an audio store and has a discount. Im new at this and have no idea what an amp should cost thats why I'm here asking for help from guys who know what they are talking about. Do I need two of these amps? And which amps are cheaper for two of them and where can I find them? Forgive me if I sound like an idiot, but that is why I am here, to learn more.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3968
if talking about the hifonics 1606 you will only need one. hifonics overrates their amps so you'll probably see 1300wrms? from it so you'll be fine.

and if your friend works at an audio shop and can get you discounts, i'd see what else he could get you. your budget allows for a better amp so don't just settle for the cheapest route.

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 8
So total I will need 1200 rms at one ohm for these two subs. Thanks mike. I'll check to see what else he can get me. I appreciate the help and any more advice you have will be greatly appreciated also.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4392
kicker kx 1200.1 Forget hifonics. You just need 1 amp instead of 2.

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 9
Got a kicker 1500.1 brand new for $400. It should work fine. Thanks for all the help!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4452
^^^^^that won't work cuz they 4 ohm DVC. He needs 1200w rms at 1 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us