What amp for 2 rf punch hx2?

Anonymous

I just bought 2 10in rockford fosgate RFD2210 hx2's. I was thinking about getting the rockford 1001bd amp but i was told it was impossible to run 2 dvc 4 ohm subwoofers and get the best out of a mono amp. What would be a good amplifier to push these subs and how many channels should i get??

Joey
Unregistered guest
Well, that amp won't match good with those 4ohm subs. If they were 2ohm it would. With the 4ohm you need to use a 1ohm stable mono amp.

Username: 172_db

Ky

Post Number: 1
$310 bucks on ebay
class d boss .5 ohm stable 4000 watt amp...
look through the ebay stores..
well made amp i own one.

Anonymous

you don't own much do you?

172 +- db
Unregistered guest
lol
i cant believe you didnt tell him to replace the alternator.....

Anonymous

I don't want more the 1500watts rms, I have a single cab with two kicker comp vr's and a 500 kicker amp, but it doesn't really sound clean. I want a well built amp that runs 1000-1500 watts rms that will work with the hx2's.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 14
just check out the fosgate 2 channel amps. it's not that hard. look at their wiring options (how many watts for 2 ohm loads and so forth). they have plenty of amps that'll push those subs, the punch series are a little less expensive, but fosgate amps are good quality and therefore are not cheap. you should expect to spend at least $500 on one that will push those subs well. or you could go for less expensive brand amps. good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 118
Nice subs, Rockford ROCKS!

Joey
Unregistered guest
You can get a JBL 1200.1 amp for around $250 to $300 new. It is 1ohm stable and it puts out 1200 watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us