1200 watts rms sounds the same on both 1 or 2 15's

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 211
recently M.S. said x watts on subs won't make a difference if u add another sub except you're cutting x watts in 1/2 when adding another sub therefore 2 subs getting 500w each will sound exactly like 1 sub getting 1000w can' find the thread where M.S. said this. I was gonna put 1 zx1500.1 on 2 fi ssd but i figured it might be the same as 1 kx1200.1 on 1 fi bl am i right?

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 214
bump

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2521
hmm, I'm not an expert, but USUALLY if you double your subs, you 1/2 your ohms, and double the power.

for instance, you hook up one sub it pulls 4ohms and you get 500 watts out of it, you hook up 2 subs, that drops your ohms to 2ohms, you get 1000 watts total or 500 watts PER SUB.
Once again, i may be wrong, and that doesn't go for all amp/sub combinations

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11862
actually, going from one sub to two subs with the same total power, will increase output by +3dB. Same effect as having one sub and doubling the power to it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4382
apply some numbers and cone area should give you more feeling.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 218
so a person can't tell an increase in +3db?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11865
sure you can.
3dB increase is like turning the volume up a bit.. it's an audible increase, but it isn't double the volume. that's 6 to 10dB, and the scale isn't linear. 6dB isn't double 3dB.
the person who told you going from one sub to two, with the same total power wouldn't yield an audible change was mistaken.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1448
I definitely did not say that, lol

What Glass said above is exactly what I was about to say here

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 221
thats y I was trying to find the thread I thought it was u guess it was somebody else

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1459
Actually, are you thinking of the thread recently where the guy was asking about, I think it was 2 L5s vs 1 Solo X?

In that case I told him the solo X would be louder since it can take a lot more power. The "two is better than one" rule doesn't apply when talking about different subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us