Help with choosing equipment...

Unregistered guest
Ok im about ready to start my upgrading process. I have decided on a component set for the front, a 4ch amp for the comps and rear 6x9s. Im going to have some pods made to completely seal my 6x9s from the trunk. about $20 a pop or so. That will get rid of my ugly spacers. Should i give the pods a little volume? or keep them close to the speakers?

Im ready to buy the battery and alternator. I have come to believe that i should try to get a 200-240 H/O Alt.
Along with an Optima Yellow top, and Tsunami's Battery cap thingy. Any extra lines out of Tsunamis power distribution thing that arent fused i will fuse. At this point i want to buy the battery, and wiring.

Im asking for advice on the Tsunami distribution cap, and what amperage alternator i should get.
Im going to have the wiring pre-run to where i will need them. My head unit will follow the purchases of the alt and wiring and whatever else i need. I will try to have them all installed at the same time.

Soon as i get this plan down, i will have another question concerning distribution in my trunk..

for those that dont know, ill be running quite likely a 450/4, two 1000/1's, and two JL 12W7s.
To cover my butt, how many feet of power wire should i purchase in the first phase?

Thanks all!
~J

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2984
all 3 amps together will draw about 300A of current at full output.
you're going to need a huge alternator, or possibly two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us