CLEAR THINGS UP ABOUT NINE.1 EFFICIENCY

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 557
Original Thread: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/343153.html

Now, as I said, I emailed eD.
Here is the reply:

Tyler,

The rating on our web site is actually for the power supply in the amplifier. The amplifiers power supply can handle a 2500W load which would lead to a 1600W at 1 ohm output.

The overall efficiency rating of the amplifier would be closer to 80%. I do apologize if the ratings on the web site lead to any misunderstanding.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Chris Schempp
Elemental Designs - Sales

And there you have it.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3886
exactly what was told to me^^.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 568
bump~

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11850
what don't you understand?
the amp is class D. it's about 80% effieicnt, which I already could have told ya. This means if it draws 100 watts of power from the charging system of the car, it'll produce 80 watts of power to the speakers. the other 20% is lost to heat, mostly.

The power supply in any amplifier has to be capable of producing at least three times the power the amp is rated for as an "RMS output" figure. This is so the amp has "headroom" to handle instantaneous peak transient demands without clipping the signal. The power supply is probably the most important part of a power amplifier, as the quality and design of the power supply determines how well the amp is going to be able to reproduce the original signal at a higher amplitude.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3907
very true and good info, but he was posting this more or less for joey desalvo since he didn't understand that^^^ and imo posts crap to up his post count.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11854
ah, well I missed the post that begat this thread.. so I just responded based on what was above.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3908
either way, great info. wish we had stickies so you could make a bunch for all the complete noobs we've gotten in the last month or so thats' dragged this forum down imo.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4378
yeah... we need stickies

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 367
stickies FTW

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida