Ventillation

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 15
orite, this is a good one that i've been pondering for a bit now. So when you put your amp in it needs to be in a well ventillated area to keep it cool, but how do u do it, the boot is inherently not well ventillated as its all sealed up, the easy answer is to put in those little fans but i haven't got enough money soooo, any suggestions people oh and its like a 1200wrms amp if that makes any difference

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11844
if you can't afford some $5 80mm PC case fans, you have no business in car audio, my friend.

get a couple case fans, put one on each end of teh amp rack, and wire them so one pushes air, and one pulls air.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
man when your in the UK things become a bit more expensive than what you guys are used to and plus i don't want to tax the battery and alternator any more. the lights already blink too much

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 185
then move over here

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1408
Those fans don't draw anywhere near enough current to make the slightest bit of difference. And I think you should be able to find them at an ok price somewhere?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yeh i suppose i gotta hunt them down from somewhere. but how do i wire them up cos i'm not too familiar with them and i don't wanna blow them or anything

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11849
each fan will draw about a tenth of an ampere. not enough to notice.
check ebay for UK sellers. I buy case fans by the five and ten packs on eBay for about $12, in pretty colors, with LED lights and all.. so cheap they're throw-aways.
I know there are UK dealers on ebay too, with "stores" there.
search and see what you can find.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
nice one mate, will check it when i get a chance, i never thought to look on ebay for some reason. but is it quite obvious how to wire them up once you got em in from of you??

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11867
two wires. blak and red.
pretty simple, just tap em into a ground and 12V line.
switched, so they turn on and off with the system or car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us