Help deciding

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 302
my audiopipe amp stopped working but since it had warranty i just returned it now the problem im having is what would be a better buy to push my 2 12" 4 ohm L7s a brand new hifonics amps that is rated at 1600 at ohm or a kicker KX1200.1 i know that kicker is way underated and hifonics is overrated but the kicker would be refurbished and the hifonics new and i would be getting both of them for just a lil bit under 300 shipped so wich one do you guys recomend

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 749
Hifonics BXI2006D. It'll probably put out around 1600W, which should be perfect for those L7s. It's just over $300 shipped on eBay. Not a big fan of refurbished items.

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
thanks Oleg i guess paying another 50 bucks for a brand new amp is better than a refurb ill keep that in mind

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1288
Kicker amps > Hifonics any day, theres no comparison, lol. You would probably get about 1500 watts from that Kicker.

And there's nothing wrong with refurb amps. A lot of them are actually a refurb chassis with with a brand new board in it, so it's essentially a new amplifier. The only difference is usually the warranty, which you shouldn't need anyway if you are buying a quality amp.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 751
Yeah, refurb is a personal preference thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
hey M.S. so would that kx1200.1 Still be better than the hifonics BXI2006D? im guessing the hifonics has more output but the kicker is better quality

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3795
yep^ and the output wouldn't be so much more with the hifonics that's be noticeable anyway. go with the better quality kicker.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
and i had just another question if kicker amps are pretty good quality why are there so many kicker refurb amps on ebay ive seen just as many refurb kicker amps as i have seen L7s and yet people say L7s bad build quality but amps are good dont make sence to me but yeah ill prolly end up going with the KX1200.1 thanks a lot guys

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3796
i'd say it's the same as seeing a non-refurb on ebay, the seller probably just wants to sell it.

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 121
yea I always wondered that too

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
story develops i just found an sx1250.1 for 350 i know this amp is digital so is the digitalness of it and the extra 50 watts worth the extra 50 dollars or should i stick with the kx1200.1?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 759
lol "it's digitalness"
one of the funniest things i've heard on this forum

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10000

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 761
is the one with digitalness refurbished, too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
lol dayum james your alwasy busting my @ss hu jk but for real how bout some help with my dilema

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
lol nice one oleg and no the SX1250.1 would be brand new

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3798
get either one, both are nice.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 762
yeah, digitalness, brandnewness, and 50morewattness takes it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
hey atleast digitalness kinda sounds like a word lol but still pretty lame i got to admit but i guess im gonna go with the sx.1250 so can anyone tell me what makes a digital amp better than a non digital if there is even any "betterness"

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 574

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
so does anyone know why digital amps are better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us