Should I buy a Power Acoustik 3000d?

Bronze Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 92
Im thikning about buying this, because it runs 2100rms which is more than enough for my Apline Type R's. Im kind of skeptical because it is only a little more than $200.00, give me your opinions. THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5002
It's not a very high quality amp, that's for sure.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3766
no, it's that cheap for a reason.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 34
they over rate their stuff

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 875
look for 1800 RMS. the problem with PA is that durability will be an issue. Hifonics is better for the money, look at a Hifonics Bxi 1606D or a Bxi 2000

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
hifonics isnt the greatest, i think ill get a memphis 1000D

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1247
Has anyone here used the A3000DB or just going by what they heard? I've been using it for a year. Bought it used. Did my own research. Love it. There is a few threads on Termpro where people benched it. Search "a3000db" over there, you will find it. Did about 2100 rms @1 ohm. Its rated at 2300 rms @ 1ohm. Same amp as the Planet Audio VX2200D. Birhsheet for VX2200D

Upload

Please someone say something about the birthsheet.....maybe I'll get a "well any company can put what they want on the birthsheet". Just remember if you use that argument, it then voids the argument that kicker or any other companies birthsheet is acceptable. And if you use the argument that "well alot of people have benched so and so amp", then I just posted where you can find that people have benched the PA A3000DB. Thanks for your time. Its been real, its been fun, its been real fun.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
what subs were being powered from this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1249
a pair of CVX 12's and a pair of Audioque 12" SD2.5's. Soon to be a pair of Q 15's

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5006

quote:

Did about 2100 rms @1 ohm. Its rated at 2300 rms @ 1ohm. Same amp as the Planet Audio VX2200D. Birhsheet for VX2200D

The price is a better indicator of build quality, not necessarily power output.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 552
Power Acoustik < Hifonics < Memphis

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
what does build quality mean? Its plastic? Because it looks metal to me? Im not too concerned with build quality as concerned as i am about power output and the actual sound quality of the subs using this amp verses maybe a kicker amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1251
True. I'm just stating my experience with it. I bought mine used, so I dont know what was done with it before hand. I do know though, that I have been using this amp for over a year without any kind of problem and it has handled everything I have thrown at it. I'd like to get my hands on a RF T20001BD or Orion 2500D though. I'm gonna be selling the PA and my sd2.5s to go towards one of those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
ah good to know, thanks im really trying to get my hands on a memphis 1000D, its used but $250.00. I hear hifonics are easily blown =/ and dont know anything about PA except the above information.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5008

quote:

what does build quality mean?

Build quality means your equipment isn't going to crap out after a few months of regular use. :P

quote:

I'd like to get my hands on a RF T20001BD

Cool. That's an excellent amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
Audioque = Great-----Nice choice Jesse D.
Keep the audioque's or get the HD's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1252
I got a pair of Q 15's thats waiting on the box to arrive which will be here in a couple of days. And I just had to send my H/O alt back to iraggi cause the new casing didnt fit my ride.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
So, for $200 for a PA amp is it worth it. It is one of the few "bargain amps" big enough to power my 2 type R's which I ordered tonight..

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 36
i just orderd a pair of 12'' AUDIOQUE SD2.5s i cant wait to get them. i still gotta build a box. a 4.74cf box tuned@ 37hz. cant wait. tell me about them.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1256
people don't call them power crapcoustic for nothing

Silver Member

Post Number: 564

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 740
John, get the memphis - it's just over $300 shipped on eBay and it'll match the type Rs powerwise at 500W rms each. You can also get orion HCCA-D2400 for the same price, it'll do at least 1200W rms. Type Rs can handle that too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Hmm.. That is what im going to do, i found a memphis 1000D on ebay for $250 shipped but i gotta sell my Kicker ZX450.2 first SOMEONE BUY IT! K?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4354
i liked that birthsheet. People talk and don't know in some cases. That amp will put 2k rms for 300$. If you're tight, then go for it. In his case he's trying to push type rs, let him run them amp at 4 ohms. That way he can upgrade and still use the same amp. Those amps can be strapped so imagine 4k with 600$ and warranty.

Think about that...

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 222
Steve you will be very happy with the SD2.5's

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11220
i have used a few PA amps & IMO they r not as bad as those pyramid\pyle crap

its an entry level product which any casual listener could live with

i personally would not buy em but i would rather go soundstream or hifonics if on a budget .....

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 781
They're definitely not as bad as pyle and pyramid. I had mine for 4yrs and sold it to my friend who's had it for 2 years, still working without a problem. btw those 4 yrs, i ran that 2ohm stable amp at 1ohm lol it was rated to do 740W, i doubt it did that, but it would've been real nice for a pair of subs rated at 250W. They're still cheaper than hifonics.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1374
Somebody had two of these amps on a RDaudio 15" sub htting 150+ but I don't remember who.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1375
I think this is the 15" sub they used.
http://www.rdaudio.net/subwoofers/elitespl.php
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us