U guys they dont work

Bronze Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 86
radar detectors are the most pointless thing u can buy my dad is a police officer and he even tells me that by the time ur detector goes off the cop already has u at ur current speed. cause u no that for the detector to go oof it needs to get a signal and by the time u get the signal from the cop hes already got u. Plus now most cities dont use radar the use laser so good luck with that. Use the best detector u can get "Common Sense and ur Eyes"

Username: Bradddgeezy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 1
well.... I have a Cobra XRS 9630....and it is a 12 band Radar/Laser detector. it detects both radar and laser. It has been effective for me so far. No tickets..and if the cop has his radar directed at you and he sees your speed then you are screwed...but if hes sitting up the road a ways and it goes off it gives you the warning

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4882
Nooooo...

Actually, a cop has to have his window down to use laser, so in harsher/colder conditions, good ol' regular radar is used, which is more often than you think. Additionally, laser-detecting technology has evolved a good deal for detectors. Try out a Passport Solo 2 or 8500 and you'll get the idea. :-)

quote:

cause u no that for the detector to go oof it needs to get a signal and by the time u get the signal from the cop hes already got u.

Detectors wouldn't even be made if that were the case, a detector is supposed to pick up the signal the officer is using for other cars, not your own.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1205
carl, you and your dad are morons.

Bronze Member
Username: Bradddgeezy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 22
LOL chris you PWND THE n00b lol

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 76
I've heard this same line of crap from police for years. I think because they do routinely ticket radar detector users (hey, nothing is infallible, especially if the driver does not also make good use of "Common Sense and ur Eyes"),
they get the impression that radar detectors are useless. I think they are clueless as to how many drivers are successful at evading their little revenue-making machine with detectors. Probably best that they REMAIN clueless, so to avoid any additional anti-detector law efforts....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us