New sundown amp

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3701
just wanted to post it in case others don't check their forum, but sundown is having a preorder for their new sae 1000d amp. extremely cheap, think around $250 for one. supposedly not as underrated as the saz1500d, but for that price for a true 1000wrms (@ 1ohm) amp with their very nice warranty is really hard to beat. think they wont ship till around first of may or so, but for anyone wanting a nice 1000wrms amp and can wait a little while this is a good deal (already ordered 2, and might get some more :-) )

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1206
Yeah I seen that. Isnt there a 3000d prototype also?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3703
yeah, but i think that is a couple more months down the road from the 1000d. saw sundown is coming out with alot more amps as well, as well as their spl sub.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4305
nice!! 250$ for 1k, that's going to be tough for hifonics

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4300
uh??? u can get a hifonics bxi1606d for that price or lower. and actually ull be receiveng around 1400 rms easily more if u jave ok charging system.... to be honest the only thing about sundown are that they are strapable and can run lower impedance even tho at .5 ohms u will never get 2000 rms ull get 1860 if u have hell of a charging system if u dont have u will not even have 1600 rms at .5ohms....

event the 200 bucks bxi1206d will smash that sundown for the money.....

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3709
so you think hifonics has just as good build quality as a sundown?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4301
to be honest yes..... but i have to give some edge to the hifonics for their components.... juzz take alook at the massive mosfets of the hifonics and the cheap mosfets of the sundown... they only put a few caps to make it drop a few ohms even tho they look very familiar and they seem to be made from same components or build house but cheaper
hifonics bxi2006d $350
Upload
sundown 1500 i think its $600
Upload

even tho the hifonics will make at least 1800 easily and to make the sundown push that much pwoer u will need top run the amp at .35 ohms with hell of a charging system....

even the bxi1606d will have some edge..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3710
friend of mine benched his sundown 1500d at just a little over 1600wrms @ 14.4v. plus does hifonics warranty their products for 2 years, with a 5 year cheaper replacement discount warranty. all which is transferable from the original buyer? plus how many threads you ever read of someones' sundown messing up on them, compared to a hifonics?

not trying to bash hifonics or nothing, nor rep sundown, just trying to let people know of a good deal on some new amps from a reputable company.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4302
ok go to sundown official forum the owner of sunddown himself benched the amps and nope at 14.4 volts at 1 ohm will never give you 1600 rms close yes around 1580 i think but yeah go there if u want... so ucan see they are not underated that much... people juzz over react because its a new underground company and they came from stereo integrity.

juz like stereo integrity my brother there are products better than them.. take a look at the mag 500 bucks u can get a fi q for under 300 and will have louder and cleaner bass..

yes not bash sundown or to rep hifonics bro but its the trut... and yeah the waranty on em are nice...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4303
if u have a good under the hood battery and some good runs of 0 gauge cable.... and stock alt..

1 amp, single 1000ca everstart maxx, factory alt

4 ohm nominal = 518 watts @ 88% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 14.0v)
2 ohm nominal = 948 watts @ 85% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 13.6v)
1 ohm nominal = 1510 watts @ 78% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.4 volts
.5 ohm nominal = 1615 watts @ 72% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 11.8v)
.35 ohm nominal = 1748 watts @ 67% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 11.4v)

and if u have one hell of a charging system....

4 ohm nominal = 520 watts @ 88% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 14.1v)
2 ohm nominal = 960 watts @ 84% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 13.7v)
1 ohm nominal = 1635 watts @ 75% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8 volts
.5 ohm nominal = 1890 watts @ 71% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8v)
.35 ohm nominal = 2245 watts @ 65% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8v)

yes u will get more than 1600 only IF u got one hell of a charging system.... but overall u will never get 1600 only like i said u have some good charging system... and yes the only method to take out the hifonics bxi2006d its to run the amp at .35ohms.... but that will be risking the amp ull need tons of current and the amp will fail shortly.. it only aceptable in burps..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3711
yeah, i've read that before. still i'd rather haev the sundown, i'll take my chances with it over a hifonics. personal preference. and who's comparing si and fi? i'd rather take the q as well. and to let you know a mag can be gotten for $399.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4304
oh shyt ctmike where??? i need a mag so bad i want it for ht so where can i get that for 399?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3712
email me, landerfield@sbcglobal.net

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2055
1u can get a fi q for under 300 and will have louder and cleaner bass..

2oh shyt ctmike where??? i need a mag so bad i want it for ht so where can i get that for 399?

Obviously you would rather have a Mag when you are sitting there saying a Q is better AND for better price. Whats the deal?

Also, there is NO comparison in build quality between Sundown and Hifonics.

I don't understand why you keep saying one hell of a charging system because one hell of a charging system is not needed to run either that Sundown or the Hifonics, just a simple alternator upgrade. Further, that same hell of a charging system is needed to get 17-1800rms from the Hifo.

Anyways, there is no point in arguing because everyone knows you get what you pay for in car audio. If you want an amp that does 17-1800 that will last you a few years, or maybe less, get that Hifo. If you want an amp that will put out the same power and even more (depends on final ohm load) that is one of the most efficient amps out there that will last you years on end, then the Sundown will suit you perfectly.

Me personally, would save up the money for the Sundown because I don't like running cheap equipment, not even decent equipment. I'd rather have something that lasts long and suits me for as long as I own my equipment, than something that might break causing me to spend the same money that I could have spend on the good quality equipment in the first place.

I'm done, goodbye.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4307
^^^^ fullof crap... he think an alternaor upgrade its an easy option hahah

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2057
^^An alternator is an easy option.. It may not be the cheapest but it sure as hell is not rocket science. You buy an HO alt, and install it. What is not easy about that? Most alts can be replaced in 10 minutes. My old alternator was underneath the engine, which took myself a while to install, but nonetheless it was still easy.

Like I said, it is a very easy upgrade that your whole system will benefit from. Your charging system is the most important part of your system.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2058
Now, Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 353
Sundown>Hifonics all day
ReArrangeYaMind>Lil Rob all day

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1586
When you install a HO alt you also have to upgrade to thicker wiring...which requires a wire depending on the output of your alt and that alone is time consuming.Basically the big 3 has to be done before you can install a HO alt so if that's not done before hand then you're going to have a lot more time needed for the alt install.It's not as easy as you say it is all the time.I had to tear apart my interior to install my alt and that's not that fast of a thing itself.I also had to go in and out of my vehicle to remove each bolt which also took a bit of time.Installing a HO alt isn't something you can always do in 10 minutes.If you can I'd like to see a video of that :-) Then turn the vehicle on show that the charging system is working properly with a DMM.It could be a tutorial,"How to install a HO Alt in 10 minutes." that would be very helpful for everyone.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2061
My car took me about 45 minutes, and although it was time consuming, it was still easy. I never said every car would take 10 minutes. Many cars have their alternator sitting right on top of the engine, which in that case will take about 10-15 minutes. Notice I did not say all cars. Your car seemed to be one of those that did not seem to fit into my "most alts" statement. Also, I would love a "How to install an HO alt in 10 minutes" tutorial just as well as yourself.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6508
The associated wiring, guys. The WIRING!
A 12g cable is going to choke the alternater with resistance, limiting it's output anyhow, and creating heat.
A 2nd battery is always nice, too. And put the cap on the 2nd battery.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4317
once u get a new alternator... it not juzz like that bro... yes u have to upgrade bigger wire.... then a new battery or two because not even with a 500 amps alternator will make verything go... the alternator are too slow to respond and thats why the batterys come... plus alternator have noise too and the battery and speacially caps acts like a buffer to filter out...

so ok get two sundownds strap em up and juzz get a 300 alt it will make all yoru problems go away...

and yes sundoe>hifonics some models
and umm we cant decide if rearrange yamind its better than me... we have to take at least a quiz....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4318
the alternator cant juzz make 300 amps like that bro... the alternator makes ac then it converts it to dc.. taking time to respond for the deman... thats why we need batteries too and caps its a plus even tho people say caps its a nono i always used caps and i saw some good thing about em if u know how to use em...

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 435
Mr. KingRob, look at the test results you posted a little closer. Do you see what the VOLTAGE FELL too. 12 volts and something. Which means it is giving over 1500 rms AT 12 volts. Now keep a steady 14 volts and you WILL see in the 1800 rms area. Be very careful what product you talk about when you no nothing about it. I am not being an @ss, but tell you liek it is. You put the same test result in the last thread about the amp. You have no clue on this amp. why don't you call me, buy one, and play with one along side your POS Hifonics and you will see what everyone is talking about. I only know of 1 Sundown amp dying and that was at .175 nominal. How many Hifonics die a year? more than deer getting hit by cars I am sure.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 4319
^^^lol!

I love cheap stuff, h3ll yeah and i own cheap amps (lanzar vibe 1800d 1200-1400w rms at 1 ohm for 145$) and i must say, if you can afford higher, GO!

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1257
you argue alot lilrob... :-)

your just comparing them because both boards are blue, eh? jk...

but, sure the build quality from those photographs look similar but im sure alot of stuff between the two really are difference as far as the quality of each individual piece...

and yeah, alot of people are going nuts because it is a new underground brand and whatnot but where the sundown amps are built and where the hifonics amps are two totally different kinda places. i dont even wanna imagine what kinda people they hire to build all the amps and stuff now for maxxsonics...

and plus, look at all the room on that hifonics board... and its supposed to be rated at 500 more watts?

i really dont know much about amps though so i wont argue back if someone has something technical to say... i dont care...

my opinion, though? SUNDOWN > hifonics

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 449
"taking time to respond for the deman..."

At the speed of light, it really doesn't take long.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 438
Not to mention and throw out at you, the Sundown may MSRP high, but contact me as a dealer and I am ALWAYS under MSRP.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_22&osCsid=26234b373f0d 2d4ec7ebe89c98ab2300

Kevin,there you listed the price at 600,heh...that's what KingRob said it was and that's how much your website is asking so...
On a tight budget I'd run that Hifonics but if I had a little extra cash I might think about the Sundown but I dunno even at 500-600 range I think I'd look around for something a little better since I'm going to shell out some money anyways.Maybe I'd save and get that new Sundown amp :-) What are the details on that Kevin?

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 440
By Sundowns dealer rules EVERYONE has to price them and list them at MSRP on the site. All you have to do is call us for discounts. That goes for ALL itmes as well.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 4321
problem with sundown is price. Why would i buy a 500$ 1500w rms amp, if i can buy a good quality amp putting 1500w or more for that amount. That's where competition wins.

IMO, sundown is good, but those prices should drop a lil bit. SAZ 1500d should be around 400ish.

kevin, take it easy man you're doing great

Gold Member

Post Number: 1613
^x2

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1481
Kevin gimme two of the 3kw Sundown amps. NOW!!!!

Any idea what they will sell for?

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 449
LOL. Shoot me an email

lowhz01@yahoo.com

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 111
support@soundsolutionsaudio.com

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3725
i'd have to disagree with you juliob. $600 msrp for a sundown 1500 is a great price. even if you have to pay the full msrp. for comparision look at the kicker 1500.1, msrp is $999. that's $400 less for the sundown, if buying both at full msrp's (which no one would though). even not at msrp you can get the sundown cheaper than a kicker, still with full warranty from them.
(not hating kicker though, love their amps).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us