Help with fuses!!!!

Username: Sexybrenty

Post Number: 1
ok so i recently bought a 450 2 channel fosgate amp. I hooked it up into my amp kit in my truck and it worked fine thru a pioneer 12 inch for about 5 minutes today, until i look back and see the amps light go from power to trouble or something. i then discovered when I got home that the 30A fuse was blown out. My first question is just because a fuse blows out does that mean the whole amp could be blown? Also, when I put a new fuse in it, it blew again when i started the car. What could be causing this? Nothing changed in my connections since it worked for the five mintues and the gain was only at three quarters. any ideas guys?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 11
Check and make sure you have the right fuse because from the amp power ratings it should have more than just a 30A fuse.But my amp did the same thing found out it was my ground wire it was to loose.Check your connections

Post Number: 3
thanks joshua and i rechecked all my connections and now, if i put the fuse in before i ocnnect the amp kit to my battery, it blows, and if i connect the battery first then the amp...the fuse blows. and were talking aout the fuse in the amp, thank u

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 13
Sounds like something enternally if you have everything power wire,in-line fuse,good ground (no paint on screw),RCA's,Remote.I think I have it how do you have your speakers wired you may be putting to low of ohms on your amp.How do you have your speaker wired parallel or series and the ohm load

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 14
I had my kenwood KAC-8101D wired into 1 ohm when it's only stable at 2 and I blew a fuse every 15min and my dumb a** kept replacing them.But this was when I knew nuthing on car audio

Post Number: 4
well i took my amp back and they exchanged it and today and the new one worked for about twenty minutes today until the fuse blew again! the amp was very hot afterwards and i tried disconnecting the sub completely from the amp and tired a new fuse and once again, when i went to attach it to my battery, the same exact thing happened. COuld it be my sub? its 4 ohms. lukcily i got the ESP on the amp so I think I can still exchange it again if i want to

Post Number: 5
so doing some research on some ohm stuff i have no idea about, i found out my amp has this:
RMS Power Output:
4 Ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan.
2 Ohms: 225 watts x 2 chan.
4 Ohms Bridged: 450 watts x 1 chan.

And my sub has 800 watt max power with 4 ohms, does this mean my sub is too powerful for my amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us